Does anyone recognize the pins on this laser assembly from laser printer?

I dismantled a laser printer to salvage the laser hexagon mirror assembly. Printer had problems feeding, toner cartridge out & cost too much, etc…

I am in the process of testing the hexagon motor timing with a 405nm laser diode. This will raster a PCB image X-axis. I have a tray that will feed sensitized copper PCB under it for Y-axis. Hopefully I can get some results.

Before I butcher the existing factory calibrated, mounted and focus laser assembly with matched receiver sensor, I wanted to ask if anyone here recognized this hardware. There are 10 pins leading to the laser diode and receiver modules. I figure I would ask in case someone saw a link or knew about this. Otherwise, I just have to remove it to put in my test red laser - then the burning diode and hopefully not melt the plastic lens and mirror.

nevermind - the Arduino forum thing is discriminating against me again. After 5 tries to upload my pictures scaled all the way down to 400 px wide to now pixelate the image into 1990 technology. I give up.

The solution is to host the image externally and embed the image in your post.

I can not get past the strict security policy to upload the attachment. I made 5 attempts this time. Last time I wasted an hour of my time trying. I do not know what I am doing wrong. Frustrated.

DocStein99:
I can not get past the strict security policy to upload the attachment. I made 5 attempts this time. Last time I wasted an hour of my time trying. I do not know what I am doing wrong. Frustrated.

I’ve had that issue as well. It’s a PITA and I also gave up - Admin/Web guys need to sort it out

Agree, even if i haven't been troubled by that problem yet.

But a good workaround is still as mentioned by DrAzzy.
Put your pictures on a picture host site and then link from there (even though you may have to agree with other policies over there).
That way you do not need to upload to this server and its policies.

Yes, I could get a host - which means I would need to follow through with shopping for web-hosting, and then uploading my website, setting it up, billing - which is just a huge distraction.

At that point, it's almost less effort for me to dismantle the next laser printer off the shelf upstairs to salvage another hexagon assembly if I really want to play with 8 pins to see how the stock laser diode WON'T work for me.

What error messages are you getting when the upload fails?
I have found if the file does not have a dot extension it will not upload.

DocStein99:
Yes, I could get a host - which means I would need to follow through with shopping for web-hosting, and then uploading my website, setting it up, billing - which is just a huge distraction.

That's not what has been suggested (i can see the confusion).
The suggestion is an image host, where you would create an account.
Some of them won't send you a bill to be paid (of course freeeeee doesn't exist, so you might have to endure some ads).

You'd have to put some time in this too, to find an image host [ suggestion ].
And perhaps register there.
Then you can start uploading and will be helped on how to link to the pictures for forums like this one.

So no need to register, build and start your own website just to host a picture on a forum.

Hi,
What program are you using to resize your pictures, and in what format are they?

I use Windows Paint or GIMP and RESIZE, scale down to 1000 or 700 pixels horizontal (keeping proporting) and jpg.
That seems to keep the file size down to under 1M with good resolution.

Works everytime.

Tom... :slight_smile: