Does it matter if I use an led or led strip?

Here is my code:

int delay_value = 1000; int led_pin = 13; int button_pin = 2; void setup() { pinMode(led_pin, OUTPUT); pinMode(button_pin, INPUT); } void loop() { digitalWrite(led_pin, HIGH); delay(delay_value); digitalWrite(led_pin, LOW); delay(delay_value); int button_state = digitalRead(button_pin); if (button_state == HIGH) { delay_value = 100; } else { delay_value = 1000; } }

Does it make any difference if I use an LED strip rather than a small led light? If it does, I need to know what needs to be changed in order for it to work! I am trying to use a push button to turn on an led strip and blink 30 seconds after the push button was pushed. The strip blinks and all, but not when I press the button! Is there any way you could help me out with the code? Please tell me, I am stumped! Thanks!

There are a lot of different types of LED strips. Which one are you going to use?

alesam: There are a lot of different types of LED strips. Which one are you going to use?

We are using an "Ultra Bright High CRI series"

Li3los: We are using an "Ultra Bright High CRI series"

Post a click-able link to product page and datasheet.

You can power a standard LED using just an Arduino output pin. They only need a few milliamps.

You probably can't do that with an LED strip - they generally need a bit more power than a pin can deliver. You'd have to use a mosfet or something similar to switch the power from an external source.