"Does not name a type" and "not declared in scope"

I keep getting "does not name a type" and "not declared in scope" errors when trying to run my code. I was told to use software 1.0.6 and I still got the same errors. I have UTFT and Utouch libraries installed as well. Can anyone help. I have attached the code below.
thanks

iAqua.ino (241 KB)

iAqua.txt (249 KB)

Some indication of the actual error messages would be helpful

241kB of source?

You're kidding.

Looks like you're in big trouble with this.

I had a go, but gave up in the end. There's just too much to fix.

First, I found that you need a heap more library includes, just to get the ball rolling:-
(And of course, you need to find and download the libraries if you don't have them.)

#include <Wire.h>
#include <RTClib.h>
#include <Time.h>
#include <TimeAlarms.h>
#include <OneWire.h>
#include <IRremote.h>
#include <EEPROM.h>
#include <DallasTemperature.h>
#include <UTFT_tinyFAT.h>
#include <tinyFAT.h>

Then, I struck a problem with "RTC was not declared in this scope" with this line in 'smartStartup':-

void smartStartup()
{
    RTC.now();

At the beginning of the file, I added:-

RTC_DS1307 RTC;

The error went away, but it's an indication that something is still wrong there. "RTC" was probably supposed to be declared in a library. (Maybe "RTClib.h" isn't the right RTC library, but it was the only one I found that has an 'RTC.begin()' member function.)

At this point, it went close to compiling, but threw a bunch of font-related errors, so I threw in the towel.
Looks like you have your work cut out for you. There could be more errors once the font ones are fixed.

There are a hell of a lot of those font-related errors, so I'll try posting them in a separate reply.
Too big to post, so I'll attach them in a text file below.
Have fun. :slight_smile:

Font Errors.txt (12 KB)

What Arduino do you have?

  // convert off min to char
  itoa(schedCo2.offMinute, char3, 10);

What is this doing, exactly?

I'm using a mega 2560 and its supposed to control an aquarium; lights, pump, feeding, etc.

mbarratt:
I'm using a mega 2560 and its supposed to control an aquarium; lights, pump, feeding, etc.

In my testing I was compiling for a Mega2560, with IDE V1.6.5. Have you sorted out any of the problems yet?

That program is ~5k lines of code (w/o comments). For a program that long, I would split it into several files and test them one at a time. The way you are handling it is a nightmare.

Im getting an error saying;

java.io.IOException: Could not replace C:\Users\Matt\AppData\Local\Temp\build747019834618 2104181.tmp\arial_bold.c

at processing.app.Base.saveFile(Base.java:2230)

at processing.app.Sketch.preprocess(Sketch.java:1460)

at processing.app.Sketch.preprocess(Sketch.java:1334)

at processing.app.Sketch.build(Sketch.java:1580)

at processing.app.Sketch.build(Sketch.java:1562)

at processing.app.Editor$DefaultRunHandler.run(Editor .java:1899)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)

processing.app.debug.RunnerException: Problem moving arial_bold.c to the build folder

at processing.app.Sketch.preprocess(Sketch.java:1463)

at processing.app.Sketch.preprocess(Sketch.java:1334)

at processing.app.Sketch.build(Sketch.java:1580)

at processing.app.Sketch.build(Sketch.java:1562)

at processing.app.Editor$DefaultRunHandler.run(Editor .java:1899)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)

Those errors are from Processing by the look of them, not the Arduino IDE