Does-Not-Name-A-Type error ( Solved #5)

Got a Demo compilation along with a PLC based on Mega 2560.

Been struggling to get the code compiled as it keeps throwing the " Does Not name a type " error for a enum variable called RunMode.

Unfortunately there is no way I can replicate the error simply as its a compilation of a dozen or more .ino files.

So I am attaching the ZIP file. The offending code is inside the Arduino folder and is called plduino_firmware.ino. ( Please choose the board as Mega2560) Sorry about this additional work.

In case the code asks for libraries its in a folder by the same name but alternately you can search for “RunMode” term and that should give an idea on a syntax error.

Can someone just let me know whats wrong …Thanks!!

PLDuino-master.zip (1.47 MB)

Sorry about this additional work.

Please look at read this before posting a programming question and post your code here in code tags rather than attaching a zip file

@UKheliBob

You are one of the most prolific posters and very helpful. Was a bit surprised at your post.

The case in discussion is a multi tab INO file and I cannot post it as code for it will exceed the size limitation. Possibly the help page you referred to must also address this issue of very large multi tab codes.

The other way is to replicate the " Error" but frankly I have no clue what exactly offends.

Its Ok .. no issues. I am on it and sooner or later will crack it.

Thanks

Maybe you can post the file the error is reported in - I know usually you are supposed to post complete code, but I can't unpack your archive on my mobile.

My tests:
IDE 1.8.7 - fail
IDE 1.8.7 with fixed arduino-builder - OK
IDE 1.8.9 - OK

That should tell how to fix it.

oqibidipo:
My tests:
IDE 1.8.7 - fail
IDE 1.8.7 with fixed arduino-builder - OK
IDE 1.8.9 - OK

That should tell how to fix it.

Yes. Will check and revert. Thanks

@oqibidipo

Ok that did the trick. And the bonus was I am now on to Arduino IDE 1.8.9 !!

Thanks