Does the HC-05/HC-06 Bluetooth module have a low power mode?

Hi,
My Arduino board should be always waiting for a signal sent from a computer. Since power is an issue, I thought maybe there's a way that the Bluetooth module would be in a low power mode and "wake up" when there's data to be received.
I have been searching for this and haven't been able to find it and it seems odd to me. Am I missing something? How can I lower the power consumption of the Bluetooth module?

Use the Enable pin.

Note that not all boards have it broken out. There are different versions around.

Mylaiza:
My Arduino board should be always waiting for a signal sent from a computer.

What 'signal' is the Arduino waiting for ?

Mylaiza:
I have been searching for this and haven't been able to find it and it seems odd to me. Am I missing something?

Probably missing something about how it could hear a signal when it is asleep and, if it could, what is the point in being awake?
You might consider using a BLE module instead, which might live up to its name.
You might also reconsider what your priorities really are, and have Arduino's bluetooth on some duty cycle. Assuming that there is usually nothing to hear, I guess it would be pretty easy to reduce Bluetooth power by 95%

srnet:
What 'signal' is the Arduino waiting for ?

I want to send a few integers and floats over a wireless connection.

Nick_Pyner:
Probably missing something about how it could hear a signal when it is asleep and, if it could, what is the point in being awake?
You might consider using a BLE module instead, which might live up to its name.
You might also reconsider what your priorities really are, and have Arduino's bluetooth on some duty cycle.

I thought maybe there is a low power mode in which only an initiating signal can be detected and upon that, the main data can be received.
Unfortunately, I don't have access to a BLE module.

Assuming that there is usually nothing to hear, I guess it would be pretty easy to reduce Bluetooth power by 95%

As I said, in this particular application, my circuit must react to the commands immediately, So I can't just turn off the bluetooth module.
I

wvmarle:
Use the Enable pin.

As I said, in this particular application, my circuit must react to the commands immediately, So I can't just turn off the bluetooth module.

If you have to react instantly then there's no choice but to keep the Bluetooth awake at all times.

wvmarle:
If you have to react instantly then there's no choice but to keep the Bluetooth awake at all times.

Is it the same with WiFi?

Mylaiza:
Is it the same with WiFi?

The WiFi also cannot listen if its asleep.

No wireless solution can listen while asleep.