Does WS2812b have a Clock?

I bought a number of these WS2812B addressable strips to use with my Nano:

However, I'm having trouble determining what each of the 5 wires is before I wire it up. While these are from Ebay, Adafruit suggests that I should have a ground, 5 Volts, data and clock. I used my multimeter to check for continuity and found that:
-2 white wires connect to ground (-)
-2 red wires are connected to +5V (+)
-1 green wire isn't connected to anything

Is it possible that I just have two wires that are +5V, two that are GND, and one that is data in and no clock?

What adafruit literature are you talking about?

WS2812B's have 3 connections, 5V, GND, and Data.

Data has been green on all of my strips.

All of the same color wire are electrically connected/identical. They just have different connection points for long strips or large arrays to connect to a power bus along the way.

Perhaps you were reading the documentation on ws2811 leds. They have separate clock & data lines. Ws2812b has a single combined clock/data line.

PaulRB:
Perhaps you were reading the documentation on ws2811 leds. They have separate clock & data lines. Ws2812b has a single combined clock/data line.

Paul, do you mean WS2801/3 have clock and data (SPI), WS2811 & WS2812(b) are just data (NRZ)
:slight_smile: Bob

mcnobby:
Paul, do you mean WS2801/3 have clock and data (SPI), WS2811 & WS2812(b) are just data (NRZ)
:slight_smile: Bob

Oh, you might be right there Bob.