Doing multiple things at the same time.

I'm not very experienced with coding and was wondering if you guys could point me in the right direction. I was wondering if its possible to do more than one thing at the same time in code. I guess the best way to explain this would be with a example.

Lets say I had 4 motorized faders connected to a Arduino and the Arduino is receiving a constant stream of position information for the 4 faders over serial.

Example of the Motorized fader https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SWIKdZGg73E

How do I write the code so all 4 faders are constantly moving together at the same time? From what I understand in code... each new position would be processed, one by one, separately. Would the speed the new positions are being processed at make it seem like they are moving together?

Sorry if that doesn't make sense I'm finding it hard to explain myself.

"Same time" in a human timeframe, or "same time" in a 16MHz processor timeframe?

AWOL: "Same time" in a human timeframe, or "same time" in a 16MHz processor timeframe?

I would like it to be as close to the same time in a 16MHz timefram as I can get it but.. The illusion that they are moving together would work if that's really hard to do.

This demo several things at a time may point you in the right direction.

...R

Let me put it into perspective.

In one instruction cycle at 16MHz, a beam of light travels about 18 metres.
How far does your slider move in 1 millisecond (16 000 instruction cycles)?

AWOL: Let me put it into perspective.

In one instruction cycle at 16MHz, a beam of light travels about 18 metres. How far does your slider move in 1 millisecond (16 000 instruction cycles)?

Thanks that helped. I just wanted to make sure I was putting 2 and 2 together and getting 4.

@Robin2 I will have a proper read of that code when I get a sec.