[done] Feature Request

Hi there!

I often turn off my monitor while being online. But I have a small RPi running Linux which shows me if I have unread e-mails using a very small and simple utility.

It would be nice if I was able to check if I have new alerts via a shellscript or so.

What do you think?

Greets

Gregor

Forum sends you emails. Your system already shows when you have emails. Problem solved.

pert: Forum sends you emails. Your system already shows when you have emails. Problem solved.

Yes, I get mailed if I configure this. An alternative could be to define that topics I post in would be set to "Receive E-Mails" instead of "Receive Alerts".

The difference is that I know that I only receive alerts in the Arduino forum. An e-mail can be from anywhere/anyone.

Greets

Gregor

gregorss: An alternative could be to define that topics I post in would be set to "Receive E-Mails" instead of "Receive Alerts".

Yes, you can do this via Profile > Forum Settings > Settings > Notifications > Notification Preferences.

gregorss: The difference is that I know that I only receive alerts in the Arduino forum. An e-mail can be from anywhere/anyone.

But only emails from the Arduino forum will be sent from webmaster@arduino.cc.

pert: Yes, you can do this via Profile > Forum Settings > Settings > Notifications > Notification Preferences.

Uh. Well, sometimes my brain is not that reliable. Thanks!

Greetings

Gregor