[Done]-PB DS1307 + Mega

Hi everyone,

I'm a complete noobish about electronic, and i started to make some test with the RTC DS1307, so i follow that thread http://www.arduino.cc/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1235070596, and decided to do it on my Arduino Mega Unfortunately, i only receive that line every second: 0 0 0 0 0 0 2000 i checked all (wires, ...) everything seems ok Here is a picture of my test (bad quality, sorry) : I thank you in advance if you can explain where is the problem and what i'm doing wrong :)

** EDIT ** Change the picture by two pictures (hope it is better ;))

Your picture is a bit fuzzy, and my memory is even fuzzier, but the MEGA has I2C on different pins than the mega8 family Arduinos, and from what I can see I don't think you are using the correct pins. I think SDA and ADC, or some other indication, may be silkscreened on the MEGA board.

-j

Yep I'm voting for a clearer picture too.

It looks like you've got a red wire and a black wire plugged into the mega's power pins, but these aren't plugged into the breadboard to power the 1307? The battery is just to backup the time, not provide enough power to perform communications.

Have you SET the time yet on the 1307? Before it is set, the 1307 may return all zeros, can't remember.

Thanks to both of you, i changed the picture and, i've just seen that the Mega has a SDA and SCL :o I changed the wires and, omg, he's alive !!!! (no, it works ;D) Thanks again for your help :)