Double pedal

Hi, im really new here, planning to build a double pedal switch for DD315 electronic drums, basically the normal switch for it is just an on off button nothing special, however i want to make use of a real double pedal from a real drumset, im having difficulty using adruino,im thinking of using the blink line once one of the pedals hit the piezo it turns it to "on" but as you know if you leave it pressed the next pedal wont be detected unless you let go of the first one. (Doing it through LED for the meantime). Is there a way to stop the first signal then recognize the second one while pressed without interrupting the loop?

The next problem would be to have the signal act as a trigger or an off and on switch instead of just turning the led "on",any help would be appreciated! Thanks!

"the blink line"?

Posting your code would be SUPER helpful.

It's a bit difficult to work what you're talking about (blink line? piezos staying on) but I think what you need is to look at the StateChangeDetection example. I.e. so you act when a switch BECOMES pressed not because it STAYS pressed.

Steve

Hi,
Welcome to the forum.

Please read the post at the start of any forum , entitled "How to use this Forum".
OR
http://forum.arduino.cc/index.php/topic,148850.0.html.
Then look down to item #7 about how to post your code.
It will be formatted in a scrolling window that makes it easier to read.

Can you please post a copy of your circuit, in CAD or a picture of a hand drawn circuit in jpg, png?

Thanks.. Tom.. :slight_smile:

slipstick:
It's a bit difficult to work what you're talking about (blink line? piezos staying on) but I think what you need is to look at the StateChangeDetection example. I.e. so you act when a switch BECOMES pressed not because it STAYS pressed.

Steve

I think, what your suggesting will work. Will update and post the codes here soon!! Thanks a lot