Doubt about the LCD Keypas Shield

Hello that such friends!
I just bought the LCD Keypad Shield works all right but I have a doubt, I wanna know if you can connect a sensor ultrasound this shield being connected, not if I explain well haha
good thank you very much beforehand
Sorry for my bad English

Hello that such friends!
I just bought the LCD Keypad Shield works all right but I have a doubt, I wanna know if you can connect a sensor ultrasound this shield being connected, not if I explain well haha
good thank you very much beforehand
Sorry for my bad English

Yes, you can connnect an ultrasound sensor, just use some pins that are not used by the LCD-shield.

// Per.

Thanks for you response!! But the shield use all pins :confused:

No, it does not use all pins.

Why not start by posting a link to the shield you are using, then I can advice, which pins are not in use.

// Per.

sorry I forget to put the picture http://arduino-info.wikispaces.com/file/view/LCD-Pushbuttons-1-600.jpg/230299482/LCD-Pushbuttons-1-600.jpg

OK, i put this into Google "DFRobot LCD shield" and got this:

If you read the documentation there, from the manufacturer, it says:

This is a very popular LCD Keypad shield for Arduino or Freeduino board. It includes a 2x16 LCD display and 6 momentary push buttons. Pins 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 and 10 are used to interface with the LCD. Analog Pin 0 is used to read the pushbuttons. The LCD shield supports contrast adjustment and backlit on/off functions. It also expands analog pins for easy analog sensor reading and display.

// Per.

Thank you very much :slight_smile: :slight_smile: for your help now I will read the info

I'm not sure about your particular shield, but most of these shields have pin out pads which are connected to the pins in the arduino under the shield. You can solder your sensor wires directly to the pads.

thanks for replying! I’ll show you a picture for you to see as equally I’ll try as you said http://www.droboticsonline.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/5e06319eda06f020e43594a9c230972d/a/r/arduinolcdkeypadforstore3.jpg

Hi kevinmr1999.

I have the same shield, can recognize it by the spelling of the word "rigth", which isn't right...
Have a closer look at the right bottom and top of that picture.
You can see that all 6 of the power pins on the bottom, and 5 of the 6 analog input pins have another hole next to it.
Analog 0 is used by the shield itself (to read the keys), so that became unavailable for other uses.

On top you can see that there are some digital pins too that have holes next to it, but be aware that these are not 1:1 to the holes next to it.
Your shield is using digital pins 8, 9, 4, 5, 6, 7 (in that order), and 10 t control the backlight.
Regarding backlight control, read this (click !) as that applies to this shield.
The 7 pins that are not in use by the shield are available, counted from right to left (as the pins on your Arduino are too).

You can solder headers "pins" or wires to those holes and then use them for whatever needs you might have.
So you've still got 12 pins available.

thank you very much for responding and I could connect the sensor again thank you very much

@kevinmr1999, please do not cross-post. Threads merged.