Downloading sketches to Arduino board.

Cannot download sketches to Arduino Nano board. " Tools" menu shows the board in a Com Port and Device Manager recognizes it in the same port. Am using "Tiny"programmer. Could I be using an incorrect library? Am using Arduino 1.8.3.

When you encounter an error you’ll see a button on the right side of the orange bar “Copy error messages”. Click that button. Paste the error in a message here USING CODE TAGS (</> button on the toolbar).

FYI, the correct term is “upload”, not “download”.

Thanx for the tip on "___loading". I shall get on the error posting later and proceed with my dilemma.

Arduino: 1.8.0 (Windows 10), Board: “Arduino Nano, ATmega328”

C:\Users\papap\OneDrive\Documents\Arduino\light_toggle_fire_alarm\light_toggle_fire_alarm.ino:2:15: fatal error: buzz: No such file or directory

#include

^

compilation terminated.

exit status 1
Error compiling for board Arduino Nano.

This report would have more information with
“Show verbose output during compilation”
option enabled in File → Preferences.

arteegee:
C:\Users\papap\OneDrive\Documents\Arduino\light_toggle_fire_alarm\light_toggle_fire_alarm.ino:2:15: fatal error: buzz: No such file or directory

#include

The code at line 2 of your light_toggle_fire_alarm.ino:

#include<buzz>

tells the compiler to add the code from a file named buzz, which is in one of your library folders, to the sketch. However, there is no file of that name in any of the library folders, thus the error.

It’s not very common to include file names with no extension. Usually it will be something like this:

#include <buzz.h>

Can you give us some information on what the origin of this line of code is?

Was it something you found online? If so, post a link to where you found it. Please always use the chain links icon on the toolbar to make links clickable when you post them on the forum.

Or was it some code you wrote yourself? If so, explain exactly what you’re trying to accomplish.

My objective is to fire an led and sound the buzzer at intervals, simulating a fire alarm for which I show a graphic.
Can't remember where I found the "buzz"or "buzzer" reference to a library or file I found in a sketch or sketches online.
Apparently I have not downloaded the file in the proper manner, or have not unzipped it properly.
At any rate, I have jumbled the sketch badly, and have to research some tutorials again.
If I have given you sufficient background for you to help, I would appreciate your input.
Otherwise, I'll go back to my feeble way of browsing for the proper tutorial.
Thanks for your patient advice.

If I have given you sufficient background for you to help, I would appreciate your input.

Sadly no because all you have given is an error message that says their is no libiary.

Try posting your code and schematic as advised if you would have read How to use this forum

Try this for a start https://www.arduino.cc/en/Guide/Libraries

Thanks to all. I have been enlightened. Grumpy_Mike, I acknowledge that there is something to be said about reading the instructions. Thanks.