DPDT Timer

Hi,

I would be grateful if someone can explain me in detail on the working of my Timer used in a pneumatic system which lets say when the timer reaches 25 seconds it activates a solenoid then a piston is either pushed outward or inward. My electrical / electronic knowledge is fairly basic.

I want to understand how those pins work actually.

What i have done so far.

1. I researched on DPDT Switch for example one of the resources is Wiring A DPDT Switch - 2 Methods Explained - YouTube

2. My exact Timer details are here as per supplier description click here

3. The timer is attached to an outer shell..i believe for easier connection see here

You can see from point 1 the DPDT has 6 pins in total. 3 for on SPDT and the other 3 for SPDT

How ever my actual problem is from my understanding after researching the concept i learnt is very different when i look at my timer it has alot more pins in reality. The timer has i believe over 8 pins.. how??

Further background info

The machine has a total of 3 timers. One timer works for 25sec, 1sec and 2sec respectively . out of the three timers 2 timers separately connect to 2 different solenoids and which further activate a pneumatic piston and deactivates within a second or so. the third activates a solenoid for air from a compressor to pass or not.

In the context of solenoids, a DPDT switch or relay is used to reverse the polarity applied to that device.
2 wires, A and B go in to the switch. 2 wires X and Y come out of the switch. Depending on the position of the switch, either A - X and B - Y are connected together or A - Y and B- X are connected together.

The rest of it all appears to be cascaded timers.

Are you intending to replace the timer control circuits with, say, an Arduino or is it a simple reverse engineering exercise ? H-Bridges can be an alternative to a DPDT relay.

Do a little more research on the JS14S timers, you can eventually find a few manufacturer sites with the data sheets that gives the pinout. If you have the 8-pin version, the additional 2 pins are for the power supply, the 11-pin version has additional inputs for a couple of external switches.

https://www.finglai.com/att/comp/fl-en/relays/time-relays/JS14S/JS14S_en.pdf (seems to contain an error, the wiring from one of the relay poles is missing a connection to the output pin)

http://www.china-relay.com/time-relay/timing-relays-good.html