DRIVER UNABLE TO BE UPDATED FOR THE SECOND ARDUINO.

i bought my first arduino , which is UNO. i updated the driver and i am able to code well with it. But when i buy my second arduino , which is NANO, i can’t update the driver. now i am unable to code with arduino NANO. It is labelled as serial USB in my device manager . I still have the driver that i used to update the UNO. But i can’t update the NANO with the same driver. I tried to browse my computer for the driver , i even direct it to the exact location of the driver , but it says it can’t find the driver for some reason. please help me, i tried downloading 3rd party driver for my ch340. it pop up the same message.

What does the writing on the large black chip on the bottom of the Nano say? It should be something like "FTDI" or "CH340".

pert:
What does the writing on the large black chip on the bottom of the Nano say? It should be something like "FTDI" or "CH340".

yeah . it is ch340. same as my UNO

If both use the same chip, you do not need an additional driver.

What is the error that you get?
Have you tried the old boot loader option for the Nano.
Did you select the correct com port?

sterretje:
If both use the same chip, you do not need an additional driver.

What is the error that you get?
Have you tried the old boot loader option for the Nano.
Did you select the correct com port?

okay..for some reason , it detected my computer port. Yesterday i have this issue . Error that told me is that NANO is not connected to port , or failed to connect to port something like that when i try upload a sketch ( cuz i did't select a port due to the problem that the pc didn't recognise the NANO, and thus the driver problem)

1. what is the old bootloader option, never heard of it.

2. actually there is no correct com port, the name depends on which port you connect right? I connect my NANO to one of my PORTS and it failed to recognise it .

3. since my nano is recognised and able to upload sketches . But the name used is CH340..how to change name to NANO ?

The IDE seems to remember the last comport used. which is assigned to the last used USB/serial chip. If you plug in the NANO and the IDE/serial monitor says the comport is not available, go to tools and go down to the “Port” selection and make sure the displayed port is checked.

the problem was there was no port for me to select.it did't display the port for me . But now it detected. it. Thanks for your help

"the problem was there was no port for me to select.it did't display the port for me . But now it detected. it. Thanks for your help"

A bad/cheap USB cable or poor cable/computer connection can cause intermittent problems.