drivers installer

Hi everybody,

I developed an application (VB.NET) using an Arduino Uno an I would like to make the installation easier by including the Arduino driver into my installeur.

What should I do to call the folowing file : ArduinoUno.inf in my code ?

If anyone have an idea, it would be great and VERY helpful for me.

Thanks.
Romain

You could call DPInst from your VB.NET application to install the .INF for you.
DPInst is a Microsoft application that can be found in the Windows Driver Kit (WDK).
DpInst is redistributable, so you would not have any problems including it with your application.

DpInst is very easy to use. Simply execute it from a directory that contains the .INF files you want to install. It will install any .INF files that it finds in it's local directory.

You can find more information here:

Hi Louis David,

I'm going to test your solution this afternoon !

I keep you posted

It works well with a 32 bits OS but I've tested with a 64 bits OS and I get the Error message :

"DPInst is not compatible with your operating system"

I don't understand because I've used the same dpinst as the one which is contained in the folder x64...

There is a 32-bit version and a 64-bit version of DPInst and you need to execute the correct one depending on the OS.
I have used it many times on both 32 and 64 and everything works fine as long as you execute the correct one.

Here is the path in the WDK :
32 bit - C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\8.0\redist\DIFx\dpinst\MultiLin\x86
File size: 894 KB

64 bit - C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\8.0\redist\DIFx\dpinst\MultiLin\x64
File size: 1016 KB

I think it seems to be ok now... with the correct one :wink:

Anyway, thanks a lot for your advice