Driving 3535 Leds From 18650 Bat. and Arduino

I need a circuit that:

-drive 3pcs(serial) 3535 smd power led with pwm dimming feature
Led Link
-i should use 18650 batteries(one one two pcs.)
-arduino for pwm control

I tried different kinds of drivers but i cant drive leds properly, please help me :slight_smile:

Using battories… For how long time do You want Your proj to run before recharging the battories? Count mAh, milli-Ampere-hours….

Thats not important, i will charge and use small periods like 5minutes the leds

I tried different kinds of drivers but i cant drive leds properly, please help me :slight_smile:

High power LEDs are normally driven by a switcmode constant current (or "controlled current") driver. That's not an easy thing to build. There are dimmable drivers that can be driven by PWM.

The "commercial standard" for dimming is 0-10VDC or 10V PWM. The PWM doesn't (normally) go to the LED, it just controls the driver. But, you can probably find hobby drivers that work with 5V PWM.

[u]This driver[/u] would probably work for you.

If you are wiring the LEDs in series you just need enough voltage available and the driver will keep the current constant (controlled) and the voltage will fall into place.

For LEDs 3 in series you'll need more batteries (or otherwise more voltage). In parallel, each LED needs it's own driver (and you'll need 3 times as much current).

"RAW" high-power LEDs also need a heatsink. They don't get nearly as hot as a regular lightbulb (of the same brightness) but they can't take as much heat as a glass/metal/tungsten lightbulb.

How did You make sure that the battories will manage for 5 minutes?

DVDdoug:
High power LEDs are normally driven by a switcmode constant current (or "controlled current") driver. That's not an easy thing to build. There are dimmable drivers that can be driven by PWM.

The "commercial standard" for dimming is 0-10VDC or 10V PWM. The PWM doesn't (normally) go to the LED, it just controls the driver. But, you can probably find hobby drivers that work with 5V PWM.

[u]This driver[/u] would probably work for you.

If you are wiring the LEDs in series you just need enough voltage available and the driver will keep the current constant (controlled) and the voltage will fall into place.

For LEDs 3 in series you'll need more batteries (or otherwise more voltage). In parallel, each LED needs it's own driver (and you'll need 3 times as much current).

"RAW" high-power LEDs also need a heatsink. They don't get nearly as hot as a regular lightbulb (of the same brightness) but they can't take as much heat as a glass/metal/tungsten lightbulb.

Can i find diagram of femtobuck driver, i should integrate leds and arduino into one pcb.

Sure. Just search for that.

mutudent:
I need a circuit that:

-drive 3pcs(serial) 3535 smd power led with pwm dimming feature
Led Link
-i should use 18650 batteries(one one two pcs.)
-arduino for pwm control

Hi,
Welcome to the forum.

Please read the post at the start of any forum , entitled "How to use this Forum".
OR
http://forum.arduino.cc/index.php/topic,148850.0.html.
Then look down to item #7 about how to post your code.
It will be formatted in a scrolling window that makes it easier to read.

What do you mean by "drive properly"?

Can you post your code and a circuit diagram of a driver you have tried but did not do exactly what you wanted?
We need your input, we will not build your project for you, but will help with your project that is not working correctly.

Thanks.. Tom... :slight_smile: