Driving Langevin Transducers with Arduino Nano

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to drive two Langevin Transducers with my Arduino Nano in order to build an acoustic levitator. I firstly wanted to use a L298N Dual H-Bridge Motor Controller to drive my two transducers but I think that the voltage output will be to low to drive them correctly, Langevin transducers having to be used at about 100V. So, does anyone know an alternative to the L298N with a higher voltage output or does anyone know how I can build my own one ?

Thank you.

What are the required driving voltage, current and frequency?

jremington:
What are the required driving voltage, current and frequency?

The required voltage is about 100-110V, the resonant frequency is 40kHz and the current I don’t really know.

Sadly, the current is something you will need to know, if you want to get anywhere with this project.

Hint: piezoelectric transducers are capacitors.

jremington:
Sadly, the current is something you will need to know, if you want to get anywhere with this project.

Hint: piezoelectric transducers are capacitors.

I found the current required! It is 3A.

If you were considering the L298, then your knowledge and understanding is at present inadequate to build the required driver.

Buy a driver designed for the task, rated to deliver up to 110VAC @ 40 kHz, and at least 400 Watts continuous duty for one transducer.

Of course, if the transducer is not properly loaded, it may self destruct very rapidly. These are dangerous experiments, so be fully clothed and wear ear, eye and face protection when anywhere near the thing, while it is operating.

jremington:
If you were considering the L298, then your knowledge and understanding is at present inadequate to build the required driver.

Buy a driver designed for the task, rated to deliver up to 110VAC @ 40 kHz, and at least 400 Watts continuous duty for one transducer.

Of course, if the transducer is not properly loaded, it may self destruct very rapidly. These are dangerous experiments, so be fully clothed and wear ear, eye and face protection when anywhere near the thing, while it is operating.

Ok thank you for your answers and warnings. I'm eventually going to make deeper research on the subject and trying to find the appropriate driver.