Driving the motor with input of +/-10V

Hi all,

I am having a big problem in driving the servo motor with input in the range of +/-10V with arduino

as i attached a op amp circuit in between to drive the motor upto a +10V but my motor is not moving easily in anti clock wise direction as my op amp circuit is no able to deliver a voltage in upto 0 to -10V.

so can u plz help me how can i solve this using any other circuit to move the motor in both clock/anti clock easily using the arduino.

Motor Data Values at nominal voltage 1 Nominal voltage V 15.0 2 No load speed rpm 6720 3 No load current mA 20.7 4 Nominal speed rpm 5060 5 Nominal torque (max. continuous torque) mNm 15.7 6 Nominal current (max. continuous current) A 0.762 7 Stall torque mNm 63.6 8 Starting current A 3.01 9 Max. efficiency % 84 Characteristics 10 Terminal resistance 4.99 11 Terminal inductance mH 0.528 12 Torque constant mNm / A 21.2 13 Speed constant rpm / V 451 14 Speed / torque gradient rpm / mNm 106 15 Mechanical time constant 14.7 16 rotor inertia 13.2

It is a servo motor fixed in a ball and beam device

thanx for reply.

Actually it might be a DC motor where it is having single i/p port with +/-10V and a ground terminal.

the circuit iam using is to drive the motor is a feedback op amp circuit with feedback resistance 560k and i/p resistance 260k with ic741 op amp.

which gives an o/p voltage of nearly 10V but it drives my motor in clock wise direction but not able to move in anti clock wise direction easily.

i need to balance ball on beam which is attached to motor. which can able to drive motor in both clock/anti clock wise directions i.e., in range of 10v to 0 to -10v

so i need a circuit which can drive my motor in this range as according to ball position.

Just because they used a -10V to 10V motor does not mean that you have to, too.

does the arduino can read -10v to +10v in its analog input pins??

If not at what voltage range they can read in analog input pins??

if i want to make it read in that range do i need a external vol.divider circuit?

It can read 0 to +V (whatever that means for your Arduino - typically 3.3V or 5V). Positive values outside that range will require a voltage divider to get them in that range. Negative values require an op-amp to offset them to positive.