Driving vibration motor

I am working on ‘‘peripheral Neuropathy assessment of diabetic patients using perception of vibration’’.In my work i use Vibration motor and arduino uno borad.I attched a photograph of coin vibration motor below.in my work i need help to provide vibration of 100 Hz to 200 Hz by using Pwm mode.I need help of coding for paricular vibration of 100 Hz to 200 Hz with increment of 10 Hz.I want 100 Hz vibration than i push button and 10 Hz increase means i get 110 Hz vibration than again i pressed switch and i get 120 Hz vibration up to 200 Hz.Hope for positive Response.Kindly inform me as soon as possible.

Specification of vibration motor

Rated Voltage 3.0VDC
Operating Voltage 2.7~3.3VDC
1.cm (diameter) X .27cm (thick)
Wire length of 2.54cm
Operating Voltage 2.7~3.3VDC
Rotation, CW or CCW
Operating Environment -20C ~ 60C
Rated Speed 9,000 RPM @ Rated Voltage
Rated Current 90mA @ Rated Voltage
Mechanical Noise 50dB (A)Max.

Thank you for your time and consideration.

Picture1.jpg

I am exceptionally interested in this, as I have moderate/serious PN.

You can PM me if you wish, but in your post, did I miss what you are in need of? If you need help in coding, what have you so far? Can you supply an eBay/Ali/Amazon link to the motor you spec'd? (is it this one?)

TIA!

Just a thought...

I saw this Tectonic Elements Round Audio Exciter referred to in an Audio forum post

Seems they do a few different power models.

If you need very specific frequencies, it may be easier to drive this sort of thing than PWM'ing a motor with a wiggly weight on it.

Yours, TonyWilk

The energy output from the rotating weight is proportional to the square of the frequency. A vibration that isn't felt at 100Hz may be felt at 200Hz because there's 4 times as much power going into the moving mass. You can't "turn down" the power without changing the frequency.

You should definitely be looking at some kind of direct-drive solenoid or loudspeaker-style voice coil.

Google "contact speaker" Leo..

If you want it to vibrate at 200Hz, then the motor has to turn at 200 x 60 = 12000 r.p.m

From the specification of your motor:

Rated Speed 9,000 RPM @ Rated Voltage

Having an offset weight attached to the motor is likely to reduce the speed from that specified, so I don't think you will achieve 200Hz vibration frequency.

DMED: i need help to provide vibration of 100 Hz to 200 Hz by using Pwm mode.

Besides the concerns pointed out above (12,000 rpm is VERY fast for an unbalanced motor!) PWM does not set the speed of the motor to a known number - you need a sensor to measure the actual speed, and adjust the PWM signal accordingly, to reach the speed you want.

A buzzer/speaker/solenoid type of device sounds indeed much more appropriate for this application.

I need help of coding for paricular vibration of 100 Hz to 200 Hz with increment of 10 Hz.

Do you have any code already that partly works?

Or are you looking to hire someone to write the code for you?

But what*ever* you do, don't run even that wee motor off an i/o pin, since 90mA is over double the max and over 4x the recommended current.

OP sent me (and probably others) PM and I again explained them their idea simply can't work as it is - they don't have speed feedback on the motors so you can't know what speed they run at.

Haven't heard back so I guess it's back to the drawing board by now, or at least it should be.

wvmarle: OP sent me (and probably others) PM and I again explained them their idea simply can't work as it is [...] Haven't heard back so I guess it's back to the drawing board by now, or at least it should be.

Me, too. I could be wrong, but when nobody writes code for you, its a hit & run.

I took the time to suggest a separate PS as well, but maybe trying the relatively easy approach of getting a cheap 1" dia full range speaker off eBay (gave link to ones @ 2/$5) driven by either a DAC (as in any STM8/32), or if committed/sold on UNO a separate DAC IC.

My 'on the cheap' solution would be to rip the diaphragm out and attach the side of the container to the material the coil is glued to. By leaving whatever the suspension is constructed as intact, the coil moves as expected, but the cone/diaphragm removed avoids some of the audible side-effects.

When nobody mentions budget, I assume 'shoe string'-the opposite of the 'if you have to ask, you can't afford it' approach... :) I told the OP that using anything but a [pseudo] sine wave-especially with a motor proposed, would never be even remotely accurate.

Why PM this? You guys want to see my unanswered reply summarized above?

holesflow: My 'on the cheap' solution would be to rip the diaphragm out and attach the side of the container to the material the coil is glued to. By leaving whatever the suspension is constructed as, the coil moves as expected, but the cone/diaphragm removed avoids some of the audible side-effects.

You've just about described these: https://uk.rs-online.com/web/b/tectonic-elements/

particularly e.g. Tectonic Elements Round Audio Exciter

Yours, TonyWilk

TonyWilk: You've just about described these: https://uk.rs-online.com/web/b/tectonic-elements/ particularly e.g. Tectonic Elements Round Audio Exciter

That's really slick, right there! :)

(quoting a PM here - I guess others have received the same).

DMED: Respected Sir,

Thanks for your suggestion.

I am working on neuropathy detection system.

A new assessable vibration sensation measurement mechanism is developed for the non-invasive screening of diabetic peripheral neuropathy by presenting tectile sensation using vibration motors. The Vibration motors are arranged in an array and tectile stimuli are generated. The tectile stimuli are presented to patient’s index and middle finger and patient responds to stimuli by answering how they perceived and determine level of Peripheral neuropathy.

In this study i have completed my vibration motor on and off programming.Right now i want to generate patricular frequency like 100 HZ to 200 HZ using vibration motors with increment of 10 Hz.can you help me in coding as soon as possible?Hope for positive response.

Vibration motor specification :

Rated Voltage 3.0VDC Operating Voltage 2.7~3.3VDC 1.cm (diameter) X .27cm (thick) Wire length of 2.54cm Operating Voltage 2.7~3.3VDC Rotation, CW or CCW Operating Environment -20C ~ 60C Rated Speed 9,000 RPM @ Rated Voltage Rated Current 90mA @ Rated Voltage Mechanical Noise 50dB (A)Max

How often do I (and others on the forum) have to tell you that this hardware CAN NOT WORK FOR THIS APPLICATION without you including some form of speed feedback?

Also for your research: amplitude of the signal will have a huge influence on whether it's being felt. Your motors can not set amplitude, and as was pointed out to you before, the amplitude increases exponentially with the speed. So even if you could set your motors to run at the desired speed, it's not going to give you scientifically valid or even useful results.

Finally, it doesn't sound like rocket science to write code that does what you want, using the appropriate hardware. Expecting someone two write code that just works on your hardware, that's a whole different thing. I'm sure I can write code that can do exactly what you want - when I have the actual hardware in my hands to test and debug it on. It is just about impossible to write any piece of code that works right away on unknown hardware.