Drone and indoor navigation

I am currently planning on building a drone that can help me get a cup of water from the kitchen to my room.(I can build a water dispensing robot at he kitchen.) And I would like to extend it’s features if it is successful. However I bumped into a problem, how does the drone navigate around my house? It has to be able to reach specific positions like my room, the kitchen etc. Obstacles avoiding is easy, but navigating is totally another thing. Is there anything like beacons that I can use? Any suggestions?

You can start with e.g. a Roomba robot, and figure out how it can be controlled. This will give you a device with recharging power supply, room map generation, and more.

A Roomba robot doesn't have a specific place to go, it only has to walk around the whole house, my drone needs to go to a specific position. Sorry for not mentioning that at the description. Would you mind to give me other suggestions?

Is this a 2-storey house?

Maybe you need a vision system that can recognize features in each room it passes through. Vision is far beyond the capability of an Arduino.

...R

RoboticEngineer1997:
A Roomba robot doesn't have a specific place to go

Did you explore the iRobot HOME App?

Oh you are right. I searched for it, and found that it uses it signals in order to find the charging port. So, how was that done?

I bumped into a problem

A rather difficult one, as it turns out.

Is there anything like beacons that I can use?

Pozyx