Drone GPS Issue.

Dear All,

I have made a gps drone, everything is fine till the gps is working, but it has happened that the gps goes off due to no mobile range :frowning:

In this case I have to run to the drone and search everywhere. The drone doesn't understand anything where it is and it cannot also return. Isn't here any solution to this to get the drone back to gps range.

Your help would be highly appreciated.

Kind Regards.

Can you explain further please, appreciate that you know the project, but the forum does not.

In particular what has 'mobile range' got to do with the 'GPS Range' ?

srnet:
Can you explain further please, appreciate that you know the project, but the forum does not.

In particular what has 'mobile range' got to do with the 'GPS Range' ?

Hi,

Sorry for my bad understanding, but I was of the opinion that if mobile tower range go away then gps will also go away.

Please enlighten me if I am wrong

Hope this helps.

The Mobile phone system is transmitted from ground based stations and for sure you can get out of range.

The GPS system is transmitted from space.

Think about it, what would be the point of a GPS system for navigation if it only worked where there was mobile phone coverage ?

How do you know that the drone has lost GPS positioning?

Are you flying it near buildings or trees that might interfere with GPS signals?

If the drone has lost GPS, maybe you could have it hover in place and descend on command or when battery is getting low. That way you can see where it is and go there for retrieval.

While the loss of mobile signal means nothing to GPS, it will deny a phone internet access, so any web based mapping application you have will not function: the phone knows its lat long, but can't show you a map.

wildbill:
How do you know that the drone has lost GPS positioning?

Are you flying it near buildings or trees that might interfere with GPS signals?

If the drone has lost GPS, maybe you could have it hover in place and descend on command or when battery is getting low. That way you can see where it is and go there for retrieval.

While the loss of mobile signal means nothing to GPS, it will deny a phone internet access, so any web based mapping application you have will not function: the phone knows its lat long, but can't show you a map.

Oh I see. I was thinking rubbish. Well then how would you come to know how it is flying, right now battery is not the issue. I want to trace it. I was stumped to hear that the gps contact satellite and not mobile tower. I want to trace the gps location remotely. How will it relay gps location then and how to access, please let me know. I have a web based access to the gps sensor.

Thanks

I have a web based access to the gps sensor.

Really? That would seem to solve all your problems.

aspardeshi:
Oh I see. I was thinking rubbish. Well then how would you come to know how it is flying, right now battery is not the issue. I want to trace it. I was stumped to hear that the gps contact satellite and not mobile tower. I want to trace the gps location remotely. How will it relay gps location then and how to access, please let me know. I have a web based access to the gps sensor.

Thanks

You really need to clarify that, not at all clear what your saying, If you have web based access to the GPS sensor (by unknown means) whats the problem ?

Keeping the drone in sight would be an idea too, how can you tell who or what its going to hit if you cannot see it ?

srnet:
You really need to clarify that, not at all clear what your saying, If you have web based access to the GPS sensor (by unknown means) whats the problem ?

Keeping the drone in sight would be an idea too, how can you tell who or what its going to hit if you cannot see it ?

Hi,

That is my problem actually, my video streaming is lost. I cannot see. What do people do normally in such cases, how do they land drone in a safe place.

Thanks in advance.

aspardeshi:
That is my problem actually, my video streaming is lost. I cannot see. What do people do normally in such cases, how do they land drone in a safe place.

As far as I know, there is no 'safe' way of landing a drone where you cannot see the landing, thats one very good reason why flying beyond beyond visual line of sight is illegal in a lot of places in the World.

The commercial, licensed, drones adopt a compromise, they cut the motors and use a parachute so the drone slowly decends to Earth ..................