DS1302RTC

we are trying to implement a time based home automation system which uses DS1302RTC but we are not able to understand what can be the code to set up the current time and further fetch date time as per the application

for refrence we r using Arduino IDE 1.6.7 and arduino uno R3
also the code we are trying to use is attached below it is taken from instructables as i am a beginner

clock_test1.ino (2.86 KB)

funkymonk16:
we are trying to implement a time based home automation system which uses DS1302RTC but we are not able to understand what can be the code to set up the current time and further fetch date time as per the application

for refrence we r using Arduino IDE 1.6.7 and arduino uno R3
also the code we are trying to use is attached below it is taken from instructables as i am a beginner

Interesting and funky interface to the 1302. Looking around the arduino.cc website brought up this page that describes the 1302 and includes a library to run it, along with some examples that show how.

I don't have that chip, so I can't try it out, but try hooking up according to the README.TXT file in the library for the DS1302 included in that library.

The only library I've used for the 1302 is this one from Henning Karlsen. Not sure if that's the one you have, but it worked for me.