Ds1307/ Lcd 16x2 Please help to understand

Hello All. :) I need help with sketch for this module RCT Ds1307. The Thing is that i just started play with arduino a few weeks ago. But so far i was doing ok ;) Here is my problem. Im looking for a examples that its gonna help me to understand how to write a code. What i want to do is a menu for lcd shiled 16x2 (and i have it ready. menubackend.h) For example. I can setup (hours+minutes+sec.) Light go On at that time and then ( (hours+minutes+sec..) light go off. But i woudlike to do this from lcd menu.

Hope you will understand me becouse my english is terrible ;)

Thanks a millions Matt

I need help with sketch for this module RCT Ds1307.

What sketch?

Here is my problem. Im looking for a examples that its gonna help me to understand how to write a code.

Google doesn't work in your country? There are bazillions of examples of how to use an DS1307. I even got one working.

But i woudlike to do this from lcd menu.

This? An LCD is an output device. I can't imagine how you intend to get input from it.

PaulS: Google doesn't work in your country?

Not sure if you're saying this for "effect", but it is sadly true in many places.

Hi, Google works perfect in my country hehe :wink: But its very hard to find function that i need.
On lcd there is a 6 buttoms <left, right, up, down, select, reset> wich are connected to analog pin 2. So this is a input method that im using in my menu. Module/Clock is working perfect. Its showing time, date etc but i have problem how to setup a light on time. For Example light go on at 9 ang go off at 12. But i dont wanna connect arduino to computer to change times that swich ON/OFF lights. It will be nice to do it from my menu. I know there is a Library called TimeAlarms.h but dunno how to use it.

Hi, Google works perfect in my country hehe ;) But its very hard to find function that i need.

Well, I goggled "DS1307 library Arduino", and the first hit was: http://playground.arduino.cc/code/time Examples and everything you'd need.