DS3232RTC library's TimeSerial example

I am not sure I am using the TimeSerial example correctly.

Apparently, I have to send T plus a long integer to set the time on my ZS-042 module.
I don't know what my current time is so I used the one in the sketch which January 1, 2013.
This syncs the Arduino Uno and the ZS-042 module?

I want to know whether the CR2032 battery that I have installed is working or not.
So I disconnect the Arduino Uno and the ZS-042 from my PC.
Wait a few seconds.
Re-connect.
How do I go about querying the ZS-042 for the time?

The Arduino IDE doesn't provide a DS3232RTC library, so provide a link to it. I couldn't find a library of that name that includes a TimeSerial example.

Also provide a link to the hardware (breakout board) you're using.

GitHub - JChristensen/DS3232RTC: Arduino Library for Maxim Integrated DS3232 and DS3231 Real-Time Clocks is the library

Unless, he's changed the example sketches, TimeLib.h must be included.

Anyway, I need to use the SetSerial -- error in my original post -- sketch to set the time, and then use the TimeRTC sketch to continuously query for the time.

I had purchased the ZS-042 module over a year ago, and I am just now getting around to using it.

Anyway, I need to use the SetSerial -- error in my original post -- sketch to set the time, and then use the TimeRTC sketch to continuously query for the time.

If I understand your question correctly, the answer is simple: Yes, if you set the time with the SetSerial sketch, then upload the TimeRTC sketch, it should display the correct time if the RTC is working.