Due GUI (Graphical user interface) - [now community project]

Yes you can reverse the X and Y axis just in case the touch screen is upside down :-)

I've been away from this project for a short while as I have had other things that need doing. Hopefully will get back to it soon as I am using this as the basis for a new dash I am building for my car :D

After some testing, i discovered the screen is jittering - swapped out the shield and LCD without success - are there similar experience out here ? It seems the screen is redrawn without sync or buffering.

Kind regards, Mike

This is an example of a call on the current version of the library:

Code:

DueGUI.addPanel(0,0,799,50,clrBlue,clrWhite,clrWhite,2,“Board control menu”,280,8,BVS_34,visible,URNnull); /* URNnull??? */

The final attribute “URNnull” was added but it was working for hours after being added…

In DUEGUI example, there are an error:

"extern uint8_t SmallFont;
#include “SPI.h”
#include <UTFT.h>
UTFT TFT1(CTE70,25,26,27,28); "

Correct form:

"extern uint8_t SmallFont;
#include “SPI.h”
#include <UTFT.h>
DUEGUI TFT1(CTE70,25,26,27,28); "

¿ Somebody can help me ?
I’m new to arduino and I a little lost.

Thanks!!!

What is the error that you get? The URNnull means that the object has no Unique Reference Number assigned to it and you cannot refer to it later. You will use a URN if you need to make reference to the object later in your code. URNnull should not give an error. The URN is defined at the top of the file. It is just an int number.

The error are in that prototipe include.h refer addPanel with n arguments, but when call function in demo example, pass n+1 arguments and go to error.

The example that there are in webpage of Due GUI driver don't compile correctly for me.

I'm a new user of Arduino, but in the past,I used ATmel and Microchip, and GCC compiler.

I think that there are an error, but I'm not sure if I unknow this platform.

Please, somebody can send DUE Gui library old to my email ? thanks a lot txpto@hotmail.com

Bye

Well, I think that I have a solution.

In DUEGUI ZIP (v0.13), there are two sample files:

DueGUI_demo.ino that no work correctly (+1 argument extra in prototipe function .h) and

and DUEGUI DueGUI(CTE70);   // which is: DUEGUI TFT1(CTE70,25,26,27,28);

in incorrect form.

But inside ZIP file, there are other example DueGUI_demo2.ino that works ok.

I don't know why this two example files, one works and other don't work. but I'm compiled second file and 0 errors have done.

Thanks

I am happy that you got it working. The first demo that you tried was for an older release. I think it was just not removed or updated. Anyway, you found the right stuff.

wow, great work, i came across this, and it is exactly what i need for the project i am currently planning. now no need to have a web-based user interface for settings, i will use a full touch screen driven user settings interface :grin:

Whoops, yes just ignore the other demo file it was left by mistake.

There will be newer versions soon but I've been busy with another project. There will be a lot of automotive related objects being added soon as I build a touch screen dash for my car :D

Somebody asked about a charting feature. I would also like to see that. I attached a chart library that I adapted from somewhere else to work with a custom UTFT library that I did for the DUE before the UTFT was available for the DUE. Maybe it could be of some help.

ArduChart.zip (4.36 KB)

Hi everyone,

very impressive work.

I was wondering if this library cas work with the arduino mega 2560

somebody has tried ?

Thanks.

Olivb.

The first post mentions 4 display types that this GUI library supports. For a beginner, the "types" are not enough to order a supported touch-sensitive display.

Could you add links to exact tested products to order, please?

Perhaps a list of links to touch screens that work best, work, and do not work (yet)?

Then, is the "setup" definition for each screen specified somewhere?

Thanks.

garygid: The first post mentions 4 display types that this GUI library supports. For a beginner, the "types" are not enough to order a supported touch-sensitive display.

Could you add links to exact tested products to order, please?

Perhaps a list of links to touch screens that work best, work, and do not work (yet)?

Then, is the "setup" definition for each screen specified somewhere?

Thanks.

it has been stated that the library works with the 5" and 7" CTE (Coldtear Electronics) screens. they can be found here:

7" screen: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=111008432389 5" screen: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=111005370687

to use the screens, you want to make sure to get the "CTE DUE Sheild" found here: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=121057447668

i would assume there would not be too many issues using the other size screens, but that wold have to be verified.

Great, thanks for the links, that really helps.

I just ordered the 3.2", 3.5", 4", and the 5", and 7" that you suggested. I also ordered the Due Shield, and a "matching" Shield for the Mega 2560.

I have the Mega now, and the Due on order.

That should give me plenty to test. :D

This version does not work with the 2560 and untested with sizes other than 5" and 7" at the moment.

cowasaki: This version does not work with the 2560 and untested with sizes other than 5" and 7" at the moment.

I am using it on the 7" and it works great. It will not work on other screens unless they have the font chip installed ( I tried a lot). Unless I have it wrong, the chip fonts are the only ones that can be accessed by the code at this time. I asked the guys from CTE to embed a seven segment font as well but I have not heard from them. They would not release info on how to get custom fonts onto the chip either.

The smaller size screens from the same vendor are linked to on http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=121057447668

All the 3.2", 3.5", 4", and larger have the Font chip, apparently.

When they arrive, I will try the 5" first, then the 4", 3.5", and 3.2" versions.

But, it might be 2 weeks before they arrive.

This is the "matching" Shield for the Mega 2560: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=121161179201

According to the vendor, these shields and touch-screen displays all work with "Henning Karlsen's UTFT and Touch libraries", ...

The shield is compatible with Arduino MEGA 2560 and the following LCD , which is avaliable in our store:

2.4" TFT LCD Module with PCB Adapter (320x240) 2 2.8" TFT LCD Module (320x240) 3.2" TFT LCD Module with Font IC (320x240) 3.5" TFT LCD Module with Font IC (480x320) 3.6" TFT LCD Module with Font IC (400x240) 5.0" TFT LCD Module with Font IC (800x480) 7.0" TFT LCD Module with Font IC (800x480)

The shield support Henning Karlsen's UTFT library, which can be downloaded here: http://electronics.henningkarlsen.com/

To use it on the UTFT library simply: 2.Change the LCD type to your LCD module eg. UTFT myGLCD(CTE50,38,39,40,41);

Perhaps the new Due GUI library connects to the Shield in some faster manner?

Or, the bigger are 800 x 480, but the smaller are 480 x 320. Is that why only the 5" and 7" are supported?

garygid: The smaller size screens from the same vendor are linked to on http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=121057447668

All the 3.2", 3.5", 4", and larger have the Font chip, apparently.

When they arrive, I will try the 5" first, then the 4", 3.5", and 3.2" versions.

But, it might be 2 weeks before they arrive.

This is the "matching" Shield for the Mega 2560: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=121161179201

since this code is apparently untested on anything but the 5" and 7" it will be exciting to have you testing the other sizes. that will help in any debugging :grin:

garygid: According to the vendor, these shields and touch-screen displays all work with "Henning Karlsen's UTFT and Touch libraries", ...

The shield is compatible with Arduino MEGA 2560 and the following LCD , which is avaliable in our store:

2.4" TFT LCD Module with PCB Adapter (320x240) 2 2.8" TFT LCD Module (320x240) 3.2" TFT LCD Module with Font IC (320x240) 3.5" TFT LCD Module with Font IC (480x320) 3.6" TFT LCD Module with Font IC (400x240) 5.0" TFT LCD Module with Font IC (800x480) 7.0" TFT LCD Module with Font IC (800x480)

The shield support Henning Karlsen's UTFT library, which can be downloaded here: http://electronics.henningkarlsen.com/

To use it on the UTFT library simply: 2.Change the LCD type to your LCD module eg. UTFT myGLCD(CTE50,38,39,40,41);

Perhaps the new Due GUI library connects to the Shield in some faster manner?

Or, the bigger are 800 x 480, but the smaller are 480 x 320. Is that why only the 5" and 7" are supported?

he did not say they are not supported, but untested "at the moment"

The Karlsen libraries have been substantially modified to work with the CTE screens and shields. It is true that the UTFT stuff will be able to work but then it defeats the point of having the graphic library as it is. The UTFT is more a low level driver with a second tier interface giving the likes of lines and circles. The DUEGui library goes a level or two up to provide graphics at an object level. Buttons, panels, labels etc.