Due is not listed on my IDE how do I program it?

My name is john Laramie I've been an electronics tech for about 35 years done a bit of programming in a dozen languages but this seems to be one of the hardest, up there with flash action script.

I just got a DUE 84MHZ 32bit the one with the two DAC outputs. Then I built a Stereo amp with two LM386's and got my sketch ready, go to load it up and to my surprise, DUE is not on my list of boards!!

I'm running win7 on a compatable laptop, I'm using IDE versions 1.0.6 and 1.6.3 , both fail to list the Due. The DUE comes up on my Device Manager as Arduino Due Programming Port com15, I watched the driver be installed, so I know my computer knows about it.

I've read the instructions and they seem to say that the Due is selected from the list of boards. But it's not there on the list. Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong?

here is a screen shot of the list I’m talking about.

I downloaded the version 1.5.7 it uninstalled my version 1.0.4 or 1.0.5 can't remember now then installed a clean install and great!!! It's there on the list.

thanks for reading john ,

Let me see if I can make music play. actually My dream is to have a voice recorder that will play back a few seconds what it recorded while still recording. So when you say "what did they just say!!" you can have a real time replay of the sounds without stopping the recording to play it back.

That's all for now,

In 1.6.3 you need to open up the ‘Board Manager’ and download the SAM package which contains the Due board.

It is not supplied by default anymore.

Your screen shot is using 1.0.6, the Due has only been introduced in versions 1.5.0 and above.