Due R3-E - Alienware 64Bit Windows 8.1 - Drivers will not load

Hi - and any help much appreciated!

I’ve looked and searched all day for a solution to this problem.

I have installed and uninstalled and therefore tried 1.5.7 1.5.8 & 1.6.0.

I have tried 2 x Due R3-E (purchased from CPC in the UK)

I have tried 2 cables and both usb slots.

I have tried 2 x pc’s (both Windows 8.1)

The problem is the same in all combinations…

The Device manager sees the board as: Arduino Due Prog. Port in other devices section.

It will not recognise any inf files wherever you put them or point windows to find them.

Windows always reports;

Windows was unable to install your Arduino Due Prog. Port
Windows could not find driver software for your device.

Now there are two of us working on this project and seemingly his machine (also 8.1) reports his card as a Arduino Due Programming Port

The drivers seem to indicate that this is the correct name in the drivers files, so just for fun I tried renaming them but no joy…

Just to be explicit, windows doesn’t mention anything about unsigned drivers, it just will not find them.

The system finds and we have been working with yuns previously with no issue.

Is this an issue because the boards are R3-E versions?

I feel I should be able to sort this out, but I think we have tried everything!

Many thanks in advance

Mike

My Snapshot3.jpg

I am having nearly this identical problem, only with Windows 7. Have you been able to find a solution?

I purchased 4 Arduino Due R3-E boards from Mouser, and the driver is not found for any of them. I've tried Arduino IDE 1.5.5, 1.5.8, and 1.6.0, all to no avail. I have 2 Arduino Due R3 boards (not R3-E) purchased about a year ago, and they work fine. (So it isn't the cable, computer, or user error.) We have tried no less than 4 different machines.

If other people are having this same problem, I wonder if this could be a bad batch somehow?

OK, I think I've got this figured out. I was able to use the Linux version of the Arduino 1.6.0 IDE to upload a sketch to my stubborn Due, which showed the problem isn't the Due hardware. I went back into Windows to try and "force feed" it the driver, and it worked. Here is the procedure I followed:

Device Manager, right click on the "Arduino Due Prog. Port"

-> Update Driver Software
-> Browse My Computer for Driver Software
-> Let me pick from a list of devices

The Arduino Due might show up in the list if you are patient enough to wait for it to load and you already have the driver installed. I clicked on "Have Disk" then navigated to the .inf file in the Arduino drivers folder. From there I was able to select the correct driver ("arduino Due Prog. Port"). This worked for me on Windows 7, your mileage may vary.