duemilanove ? can't upload, strange code.

sorry if im not going about this the ‘techinical and right’ way but i have no clue what to search exactly for my problem.

this board is totally new, unused. the use functions for power but not to upload code. ive tried out other usb cables and had the same result, especially cables that work with other’s arduinos.

here is the prompt i got when trying to upload:

Binary sketch size: 1528 bytes (of a 30720 byte maximum)
processing.app.SerialException: Serial port ‘/dev/tty.Walter-SerialPort’ already in use. Try quiting any programs that may be using it.
at processing.app.Serial.(Serial.java:144)
at processing.app.Serial.(Serial.java:76)
at processing.app.debug.Uploader.flushSerialBuffer(Uploader.java:75)
at processing.app.debug.AvrdudeUploader.uploadViaBootloader(AvrdudeUploader.java:93)
at processing.app.debug.AvrdudeUploader.uploadUsingPreferences(AvrdudeUploader.java:56)
at processing.app.Sketch.upload(Sketch.java:1603)
at processing.app.Sketch.exportApplet(Sketch.java:1568)
at processing.app.Sketch.exportApplet(Sketch.java:1524)
at processing.app.Editor$DefaultExportHandler.run(Editor.java:2293)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:680)
processing.app.debug.RunnerException: Serial port ‘/dev/tty.Walter-SerialPort’ already in use. Try quiting any programs that may be using it.
at processing.app.debug.Uploader.flushSerialBuffer(Uploader.java:99)
at processing.app.debug.AvrdudeUploader.uploadViaBootloader(AvrdudeUploader.java:93)
at processing.app.debug.AvrdudeUploader.uploadUsingPreferences(AvrdudeUploader.java:56)
at processing.app.Sketch.upload(Sketch.java:1603)
at processing.app.Sketch.exportApplet(Sketch.java:1568)
at processing.app.Sketch.exportApplet(Sketch.java:1524)
at processing.app.Editor$DefaultExportHandler.run(Editor.java:2293)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:680)

it also wont find the USB port, it finds a port called WALTER-- which i obviously dont understand.

also, im using a late 2009 macbook

Posting several cries for help in various sections makes it much more difficult to provide you with assistance. This section and this single topic are your best opportunity for getting the help you want.

What board do you have?