Due's compiled output file? Flash cache. RAM/CPU carry.

I am a Little confused about what file is uploaded to the Due when you use bossa or the IDE is it a .bin, .elf, .hex? Also in large scale projects how far can the RAM/CPU really carry you? And one last question, is it possible to write a small 32-64k-128kb cache to the flash memory of the board for a sketch or compiled program to access? Example: You have the board running some repetitive task, there is an error. Write error to cache in flash memory, then continue with repetitive task. Thanks in advance guys.Get my board tomorrow super excited!

Doomkinns

Doomkinns: I am a Little confused about what file is uploaded to the Due when you use bossa or the IDE is it a .bin, .elf, .hex?

The .bin file. If your sketch is called Sketch.ino you'll end up with Sketch.cpp.bin as the compiled sketch that gets uploaded.

Also in large scale projects how far can the RAM/CPU really carry you?

Pretty far but that's a very open ended question. There is no way to really answer that. The ARM Cortex M3 is reasonably fast and has quite a bit of RAM and FLASH. You can do quite a lot with it.

And one last question, is it possible to write a small 32-64k-128kb cache to the flash memory of the board for a sketch or compiled program to access? Example: You have the board running some repetitive task, there is an error. Write error to cache in flash memory, then continue with repetitive task. Thanks in advance guys.Get my board tomorrow super excited!

Sure, look for the library DueFlashStorage. However, programming the chip erases all of the flash space so as soon as you program another copy of the sketch. So you will have to be really careful.