Dumb

Does reading some of the posts on this forum ever make anyone else feel stupid, or is it just me?

Examples?

Does reading some of the posts on this forum ever make anyone else feel stupid, or is it just me?

Could be just you.

Nope. They make me eager to learn more.

The code seems to be hanging on the strdup command. Both the existing element sms_list[sms_list_size] and the new message (new_element) seem to be valid before the operation.

Yes…

I have often found this forum to be a humbling experience.
Though not for me, obviously. ;D

Occasionally. In my case, I more often end up feeling like an uncreative nerd with cave-man like tastes in art and culture…

it makes me feel stupid… a lot of my old posts and asking for help… lol…

Yeah, sometimes. Sometimes from reading about stuff others do (too advanced or takes too much dedication to cross the finish line).

Sometimes from my own posts like pracas mentioned. How come I didn’t know how to design double-layer PCBs 6 months ago? Was I dumb or something? I think most of my experience is positive and I plan to keep it that way for others, like, new comers.

The only posts on this forum that makes me feel stupid are my own.

AlphaBeta: Times 2 on that!

I never dumb because of my own posts.

I never dumb[…]

I don’t know if that was intentional, but either way it’s funny ;D

It was intentional, but I wouldn’t doubt that I would something like that.
:smiley:

I feel dumb for completing my first big project without asking a single question. Got stuck a lot of times in simple things and was too stubborn to go out for help! Lots of hairs were pulled and curses were yelled but got there in the end thanks to google and this great community. Live and learn, next time i will ask because as i found out asking the right question (that wasnt posted before) will help the next guy in need.
Thanks everyone!

It’s just you. :wink:

The problem is your attitude: you think that not knowing stuff makes you “dumb”. It doesn’t.

If it’s really important to you to know everything about a subject, you need to get out of computing and switch to studying Latin. If you don’t, you’re going to be stuck with encountering things you don’t know for the rest of your life. There are millions of people out there inventing new stuff every day, and they’re producing it faster than you can learn it.

When I first decided to enter the field, almost 40 years ago, my parents were concerned that I would get bored. As it turned out, they were right. But, fortunately for me, by the time I got bored with mainframes, all those busy folks in Silicon Valley had invented the microprocessor. And the personal computer. As lots of other folks started adding new sensors, and new peripherals, new possibilities arose.

Rather than feeling “dumb”, you should think of yourself as simply as a “beginner” who’s entered a target-rich environment full of learning opportunities.

[edit]Wisdom[/edit]

Well put sir.