DV Player Laser DIY 1mW Blue Laser Pointer

Hi guys, my DV player stops work, and I just disassemble all part, including a very small part of laser head. It is just projecting very charming and bright blue light like this 1mW blue laser pointer:

I have great interest in every DIY parts. I have prepared a flashlight tube. Whatever other things should I preapare? Is there anyone else can help? Thanks.

Insurance? :roll_eyes:

These devices need current control. You could also use servos and mirrors to project patterns.

Weedpharma

AND THE CORRECT SAFETY GLASSES!!!!

weedpharma:
These devices need current control. You could also use servos and mirrors to project patterns.

Weedpharma

thank you for your good suggestion. I find a flashlight tube as the laser tube. I hope my laser pointer will be workable sooner.

xl97:
AND THE CORRECT SAFETY GLASSES!!!!

thanks a lot for your reminding. Laser safety is very important issue.

You don't seem to have learned anything since your last "LASER" thread, where it was for use in your LAB.

You're still not ready to play with LASERs. Go to a LASER forum, lurk, read, read some more, and maybe learn.

I saw a 10^15 watt laser the other weekend... Target in a metal vacuum chamber and half the
building out of bounds when firing!

Some concern also about nuclear radiation if it succeeds.

The target chamber is aluminium lined to prevent the steel becoming radioactive over time. Its
stained pink from vaporized target material. Vulcan laser facility at Harwell if anyone's interested
in such amazing machines. Reload time 20 minutes to allow the nedymium glass amplifiers to
cool and regain optical flatness. I love open days at places like this :slight_smile: