Easy data loging

Well I want to send some electronics up in a rocket and record some data using arduino. The sensor I want to use is a photo resistor, to record light when the rocket hits max. Is this pretty easy to accomplish and is it posible I can do it with out the arduino?

hadjisra: Well I want to send some electronics up in a rocket and record some data using arduino ... I can do it with out the arduino?

Hmmm. You could use a "cut-down" board like the RBBB which is pretty small.

http://shop.moderndevice.com/products/rbbb-kit

If you wrote the findings into EEPROM they would be sitting there once you retrieved it. Or maybe you would want to radio it back in case you didn't.

My personal worry would be calibrating the photo resistor. After all if it records "full light" at ground level, it can't go any higher than that.

hadjisra: to record light when the rocket hits max. Is this pretty easy to accomplish and is it posible I can do it with out the arduino?

Recording the output from the photo resister would seem simple enough. Knowing when the rocket has 'hit max' is another matter. I suppose you could record the value at regular intervals and try to work out afterwards which value is the one you want, but if you need to Arduino to decide when to take it, the problem gets more complicated.

Maybe you could send up a little accelerometer that would sense when the rocket slows down and reaches its apex. I think you can get one out of a Wii nunchuck.

Actually I lauched acouple rockets and timed them and took the avrage to finde the aproximent time it takes to hit max hight. So I will just use the delay function on my arduino. But then I thought what if I made an led bargraph that latches when it turns on an led. That way I wont have to time it and will be able to read it instanly.