Easy Driver no longer powers Stepper Motor; Board issue?

Obligatory I’m new at this. Ok, let’s go:

I have a setup using the SparkFun Red Board, the Schmaltz Easy Driver, a 400 step motor, and a variable 0-30 V power supply that can deliver up to 2A.

Main Motor Specs:
2 Phase, 3.06 V max, 1.7 A/phase

Easy Driver Specs:
Up to 30 V load supply, 750-850 mA output current

Now, I recognize that the motor current requirement is above what the Easy Driver can deliver, but it was driving the motor when I first started using the setup (I inherited this setup).
I have since tried using it together and while the Easy Driver board lights up and delivers signal to the motor (as seen on a scope reading), the voltage it delivers is very low (like an amplitude of 189 mV).

Does anyone have insight into what happened to the set up? I have turned up the voltage on the power supply to 20 V +, but that’s not doing anything. Why would the voltage delivered be so low?
Also, the Easy Driver has a potentiometer for adjusting the current, but that hasn’t seemed to make a difference, although I’m open to any suggestions regarding how to test that.

kowabunga:
Now, I recognize that the motor current requirement is above what the Easy Driver can deliver, but it was driving the motor when I first started using the setup (I inherited this setup).
I have since tried using it together and while the Easy Driver board lights up and delivers signal to the motor (as seen on a scope reading), the voltage it delivers is very low (like an amplitude of 189 mV).

How was the current limit set on the Easydriver board?

Be VERY CAREFUL never to disconnect the wires between the motor and the stepper driver while the driver is powered up. The driver will be instantly destroyed,

With that in mind can you connect a suitable current meter between the Easydriver and one of the motor coils and see what current is provided while the motor is stationary.

The most likely problem is that the Easydriver has been fried. For that motor you should use a Pololu DRV8825 stepper driver.

...R
Stepper Motor Basics
Simple Stepper Code

The DRV8825 driver has a minimum operating voltage of 8.2 V and this stepper motor (42BYGHM809) is supposedly rated for 3.06 V. Is the driver going to supply too much voltage?

As for the current limiter, I've adjusted it high and low without any change in what the power supply current being delivered reads. I will admit to making the mistake of disconnecting the motor while attached (big no no, it might have even had loose wires disconnect originally), but was surprised to still see some voltage being delivered (albeit on the millivolt scale).

It appears to be drawing between 180 and 210 mA according to the power supply.

kowabunga:
The DRV8825 driver has a minimum operating voltage of 8.2 V and this stepper motor (42BYGHM809) is supposedly rated for 3.06 V. Is the driver going to supply too much voltage?

Did you read the links I gave you?

Stepper motors work better with higher voltages. Nobody would run that motor at 3v. I would consider 12v to be the minimum. Just set the current limit on the stepper driver to protect the motor.

...R