Easy way of communication

Hello, I have just started with arduino and learning the basics. Like turning a light on or off when you press a buton. Or make a sound when there is movement.

But I have a question. Is there a simple way of communication between 2 arduinos. So that you could make a transmitter and a receiver. So for example the transmitter will send a message "light_on" to the receiver, and when the receiver recieves the message "light_on" it will turn the led light on.

Easily done over short distances using RF modules. Many projects use them and a search will find may links.

Weedpharma

weedpharma: Easily done over short distances using RF modules. Many projects use them and a search will find may links.

Weedpharma

Thanks for your reply. I know I can use them. But is there a simple way to use them. I have searched a lot but could only find tutorials that went really deep into it. And I only want a controlable light.

You could use a pair of Bluetooth modules - just ensure one of them can act as master. Then sending data between them is much the same a sending data to the Serial Monitor - the Bluetooth modules just appear as a serial connection.

...R

Robin2: You could use a pair of Bluetooth modules - just ensure one of them can act as master. Then sending data between them is much the same a sending data to the Serial Monitor - the Bluetooth modules just appear as a serial connection.

...R

Thnx I will take a look at that.

You have not told us what distance you need to cover.

Weedpharma

Hi,

For wireless, I use bluetooth modules.

If you need something simple, check out 1sheeld boards.

I also use I2c. You have examples in your IDE.