easyVR voice recognition simplified

most of us who sought easyVR Voice recognition working with Arduino would have gone through
lot of strife. after playing with this for sometime i have ound if you stick to the following
steps you might be able to get going on your first attempt. the manual have made the process
a bit complicated with too much info for a simple set up. i wrote to ROBOTECH guys too on this issue.
however for specific details you will have to refer to manual. the following is not detailed. I have attached the code too for those who are interested to pursue on this. refrain from purchasing QuickUSB cable which is NOT needed for this project, a superfluous item.

1. solder well easyVR module on to shield.

2. solder above on Arduino perfectly.

3. create WAV files using AUDACITY. set project at 8000 hz EXPORT AUDIO -
    do/follow as per manual using Sensory Quicksynthesis - save - BUT NEVER USE DOWNLOAD here.

4 connect usb cable to PC and other end to arduino. train SD commands as per manual using EasyVR Commander. keep J12 at SW.

1. disconnect EasyVR (on screen) and upload Quicksynthesis clicking update custom data.

2. connect back easyVR. switch J12 at UP do Download .

3. switch back J12 to SW. do connect. you will see Sound table with entries (WAV files)

4. generate code for .INO file. make appropriate actions in code. compile and upload.

Please note some of the SD commands I have changed as the response was weak. hence the
code and the SDs in few cases don’t match. there is an option to re-do the commands.

testEasyVRgencode2.ino (21.2 KB)

(deleted)

spycatcher,

thx for your professional remark. Yes you may be a brilliant man and also a competent man to understand convoluted English. my post is for average intelligent men and beginners who are not competent as you are in this inconsistent English language! . in fact my first post on this subject I have hinted that I have reached the murphy's law of incompetence and you just proved it, that I am incompetent to understand a manual!. in fact from last june I have read some posts(responses to various queries) of people on various subjects who are not actually "smart" but attempts to show there are. in fact the above clarification was due to manual's ALL OVER documentation. I don't deny that everything is there!. the product is excellent but the manual was a bit "all over". in fact I said MOST (judging by the number of posts people getting lost) not ALL, which excludes you. probably you are a very intelligent young guy with zero wisdom. BTW this forum is for dialogue, share and having a cordial relationships among professionals, which unfortunately I have to exclude you. spycatcher2k - Posts: 4847 (1.659 per day) !!!!! is this your pastime??????

(deleted)

NO wonder! I got everything right in my response except the gender! don't you have a name - why use a nick? no one would not get confused whether it's a hole or a pole! yes it was an insult - what dictionary you use? Scotland yard?

wonder what happened to these experts? grumpy boy mike and pauls etc. etc. - are they still around or dead or have they being silenced by the forum? anyway if anyone needs any assistance with easyVR3 let us know. this module is has so many drawbacks and few positives too - I have got few inquiries through hackster and through personal contact here. I must say this set up was the hardest to get through out of all Arduino modules. however, it is miles away from AI - it cant store anything while have a dialogue live. every command and response should be pre-recorded.

SunilV:
wonder what happened to these experts? grumpy boy mike and pauls etc. etc. - are they still around or dead or have they being silenced by the forum?

What is the point of saying that?

Grumpy_Mike posted just a few hours ago:

PaulS has been absent for a couple weeks but some people are quite busy or taking time to relax around this time of year.

what happened to these experts?

What makes you think that anyone here would be an expert on the rather obscure and expensive easyVR3 module ?

if anyone needs any assistance with easyVR3 let us know.

But now we know who to go to for any queries

weird post... :disappointed_relieved:

SunilV:
wonder what happened to these experts? grumpy boy mike and pauls etc. etc.

Are you complaining that volounteers do not voulunteer enough to suit your requirements ?