Eclipse Arduino IDE - Search path for standard libraries

I just installed the Eclipse Arduino IDE yesterday. I installed the version of Eclipse with the plug-in already integrated, V2.2 from www.baeyens.it for Windows 32 bit. (I'm running Windows 8.1 64-bit but I saw that the 32-bit version was recommended instead.)

It is not finding any of the regular standard libraries or include files, things like stddef.h, stdint.h, stdlib.h, string.h inttypes.h, etc. I am having to link to them all individually. A big pain in the butt. When I first began my sketch it didn't even recognize types such as uint8_t, uint16_t, etc. and my code had literally thousands of errors.

Yes, I went to into preferences -> Arduino, and set the paths. I'm using the Arduino IDE version 1.5.2 and I set the path for that, which is D:\Arduino, and I set my private library path to D:\Arduino\hardware\tools\avr and my private hardware path to D:\Arduino\hardware.

What did I overlook?

My error log also has a lot of errors such as: Conflicting handlers for it.baeyens.arduino.actions.ArduinoBuildAction: {it.baeyens.arduino.actions.BuildHandler@1c4fa9d} vs {it.baeyens.arduino.actions.BuildHandler} Keybinding conflicts occurred. They may interfere with normal accelerator operation. Problem running CDT Scanner Discovery provider it.baeyens.arduino.languageSettingsProvider Error running Builtin Specs Detector

I'm very excited about the prospect of using this much improved IDE for my many Arduino projects and anxious to get it working properly!

Hi, Won't be much of a help for you but I have the same experience on my Debian Linux machine. Seems it's not really plugin "and play" :fearful: I set some paths manually which helped to some extent. There is plenty of settings, source path, reference path symbols and God knows in Eclipse so not super intuitive for anyone unexperienced like me.

Also noted the plugin insists to create folders "Libraries" and "arduino" in my project. In the project explorer, these are populated with some core libraries etc but the physical folder on the disk remains just empty. Don't know what's going on there either...

Soo... I'm interested too if someone could shred some light here. Did I forgot something during the install or was I supposed to do all this manuall stuff?

For the moment, I'm struggling to get "Serial" to be recognized.