ECU development

Dear all, i am a beginner in Arduino and want to develope an ECU using Arduino Mega and CAN BUS Shield v2 from Seedstudio. I am looking for generating data to view it on Oscilloscope. I would appreciate your help/ support/ Guidance, as to how to proceed.
i have installed Arduino IDE, CAN Bus Library into IDE but the examples of CAN Bus are not working.
error is given below:

C:\Users\HP\Documents\Arduino\libraries\CAN_BUS_Shield-master\examples\send\send.ino:11:0: warning: "SERIAL" redefined
#define SERIAL Serial

In file included from sketch\send.ino.cpp:1:0:
C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\ArduinoLLC.ArduinoIDE_1.8.42.0_x86__mdqgnx93n4wtt\hardware\arduino\avr\cores\arduino/Arduino.h:54:0: note: this is the location of the previous definition
#define SERIAL 0x0

I am sure the experts here can guide me. thanks.

Do not hijack other people's threads. Start your own, and do it in the right forum, "Project Guidance".

Split from another thread

ubaidsown:
Dear all, i am a beginner in Arduino and want to develope an ECU using Arduino Mega and CAN BUS Shield v2 from Seedstudio. I am looking for generating data to view it on Oscilloscope. I would appreciate your help/ support/ Guidance, as to how to proceed.
i have installed Arduino IDE, CAN Bus Library into IDE but the examples of CAN Bus are not working.
error is given below:

C:\Users\HP\Documents\Arduino\libraries\CAN_BUS_Shield-master\examples\send\send.ino:11:0: warning: "SERIAL" redefined
#define SERIAL Serial

In file included from sketch\send.ino.cpp:1:0:
C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\ArduinoLLC.ArduinoIDE_1.8.42.0_x86__mdqgnx93n4wtt\hardware\arduino\avr\cores\arduino/Arduino.h:54:0: note: this is the location of the previous definition
#define SERIAL 0x0

I am sure the experts here can guide me. thanks.

Then let's begin at the beginning. Oscilloscopes are for viewing SIGNALS. Data monitors are for viewing data.

Paul