Editor antialias option

Hi, the editor font looks terrible to me, but I've always considered this a minor problem. Today I was reading ~/.arduino/preferences.txt and found this interesing line:

editor.antialias=false

changing it to true made text in the editor look much better.

I was wandering why this option is by default false instead of true.

Thank you for the tip - it looks better with anti-alias.

Too bad it didn't affect the "underscore bug", i.e. when the cursor is on a line where there are underscores and I move the cursor one line down, then half a second later the underscores become invisible! (no such problem if I move the cursor up instead)

Too bad it didn't affect the "underscore bug", i.e. when the cursor is on a line where there are underscores and I move the cursor one line down, then half a second later the underscores become invisible! (no such problem if I move the cursor up instead)

I get this kind of thing with the cursor on mine. It will occasionally leave a ghost cursor on a previous (normally empty) line.

Mowcius

What version of Arduino are you using ? It seems to me they fixed it from 0017 to 0018, but I'll have to check to be sure...

What version of Arduino are you using ? It seems to me they fixed it from 0017 to 0018, but I'll have to check to be sure...

I'm using 0018. I didn't use it much before 0018 so I couldn't tell you if the older ones used to do it to me.

Mowcius

No, the bug's still there. It doesn't happen if you specify an editor font size of e.g. 14 instead of 12.

editor.font=Monospaced,plain,14

0018 for me too. When is 0019 due out?

When is 0019 due out?

Dunno. I think 1.0 might be next?
Maybe we’re a long way off that yet…

Mowcius