eeprom- help

Hello, I need to expand my arduino eeprom, I need a eerprom of 5 Mbyte, which do you recommend?

I have successfully worked with a SST25VF032B, 4MB SPI Flash. It was cheap and easy to connect. There is also a 8MB version, the SST25VF064C. I can't suggest something else, because it's the only one I've tried and I'm still a beginner :)

guix: I have successfully worked with a SST25VF032B, 4MB SPI Flash. It was cheap and easy to connect. There is also a 8MB version, the SST25VF064C. I can't suggest something else, because it's the only one I've tried and I'm still a beginner :)

hello, you can share your code.

thank you-

I have used this library: https://github.com/LowPowerLab/SPIFlash

If you look at the provided example, you will see that when creating the SPIFlash object, it require optionally a manufacturer ID (but IIRC, in my case it didn't work without it no in fact it worked without it, it's just to make sure that the flash chip being talked to, is of the correct type).

For the SST25VF032B, the manufacturer ID was 0xBF25. I don't remember how I found this ID, I think it was somewhere in the datasheet.

Oh and I forgot to say, this chip must be powered by 2.7-3.6V (including the SPI). NOT 5V. So you may need level shifters, depending on your Arduino board.

this eeprom has SS "(Slave Select)?

If you are talking about Chip Select, then yes, in the datasheet they call it CE (Chip Enable).

And this isn't an EEPROM, this is Flash memory. Main difference is: with the EEPROM you can erase one byte, but with the Flash, you can't erase just one byte, you have to erase a whole sector (in the case of this chip, the smallest sector size is 4KB).

If you absolutely want an EEPROM, I doubt you will find one with a size greater than 1MB (but I can be wrong).

This chip is faster than one sdcard 8MByte 10x?

No idea, I think that with an 16Mhz Arduino, speeds would be very similar, but I can be wrong. ^_^