EEPROM warnings, troubleshooting guide and other suggestion here did not work

Hello, I have a new Rokit smart, V2. I'm getting the following warnings on compile:

WARNING: Category '' in library EEPROM is not valid. Setting to 'Uncategorized'
WARNING: Category '' in library SPI is not valid. Setting to 'Uncategorized'
WARNING: Category '' in library SoftwareSerial is not valid. Setting to 'Uncategorized'

The troubleshooting instructions I found online mentioned deleting the duplicate EEPROM.h and EEPROM.cpp files, however, those instructions appear to be out-of-date concerning the locations. The directory they instructed me to navigate to does not exist. Looks like the structure of those folders might have changed.

I found another thread mentioning updating the board drivers in board manager. According to my board manager, everything is up-to-date for the Arduino AVR boards.

There are, indeed, two EEPROM.h and .cpp files in my libraries folder structure. If I need to remove/rename one of these sets, I just need to know which ones. Here are the folders that contain files of those names:

rokitarduinov1-0-9\libraries\EEPROM
rokitarduinov1-0-9\libraries\RokitSmart\util

Those are simply WARNINGS.

If it compiles fine you can ignore them.

Some of the DEFAULT libs may be hidden for some users (OS depending).

You may benefit from READING THIS for future reference.

Bob.

Yes, your point is well-taken. I understand the difference between warnings and errors. I'm experienced in software engineering and in C/C++. I'm coming to Rokit/Arduino from VEX, so please pardon my stumbles.

I was following the troubleshooting guide, which led me to post this question. My program only runs while it is connected to the desktop/USB, but when I power on the battery pack, it runs the pre-loaded program instead of my uploaded program. I thought perhaps getting rid of those warnings would be prudent for troubleshooting, and the troubleshooting guide does recommend doing that. However, the guide is pointing to a directory structure that appears to have changed, thus I posted here.

For the other part of your comment, do you mean I should have posted in a different category? I can re-post this in programming if you believe that to be the more appropriate place. I felt this was more relevant to installation & troubleshooting because I'm having problems running a pre-canned program right out-of-box.

Thank you for your assistance.

Moving you to programming.

Bob.

Thanks! For anyone experiencing this problem who happens across this message, after several uploads (I lost count, sorry!), now it is running my program from battery pack instead of the pre-loaded one. Weird, but solved!

My program only runs while it is connected to the desktop/USB, but when I power on the battery pack, it runs the pre-loaded program instead of my uploaded program

An Arduino can only have one program loaded at a time so I don't understand what you mean by this.