Eeprom write in Loop

Guys please have a look and answer my question
Does this sketch write eeprom every time the loop is readed?
It`s sample code from other site.
For me this by looking at this code the 100.000 eeprom read/write cycle will go away fairly quick.

#include <EEPROM.h>
#include <LiquidCrystal.h>

LiquidCrystal lcd(12, 11, 5, 4, 3, 2);               // initialize the LCD library with the numbers of the interface pins

const int analogInPin = A0;                          // Analog input pin that the potentiometer is attached to
const int analogOutPin = 6;                          // Analog output pin that the LED is attached to
int potvalue = 0;
int outputvalue = 0;

int address = 50;                                    // the variable which holds the address in the eeprom
int read_value = 0;                                  // the variable which holds the data which is read from the eeprom

int led = 6;                                         // variable which holds the pin number at which the LED is connected

void setup()
{
  pinMode(led, OUTPUT);                               // initialize the led pin as an output.

lcd.begin(16, 2);                                   // set up the LCD's number of columns and rows: 
  lcd.print("ENGINEERS GARAGE");
  delay(2000);
  lcd.clear();

lcd.print("LAST VALUE : ");
  read_value = EEPROM.read(address);                  // read the value from the address
  lcd.print(read_value);  
  lcd.print('v');  
  delay(2000);
  lcd.clear();    
}

void loop()
{
  potvalue = analogRead(analogInPin);        
  outputvalue = map(potvalue, 0, 1023, 0, 255); 
  analogWrite(analogOutPin, outputvalue);    

lcd.setCursor(0, 0);
  lcd.print("  SENSOR VALUE");
  lcd.setCursor(7, 2);
  lcd.print((outputvalue * 5)/255);
  lcd.print("V");

EEPROM.write(address, ((outputvalue * 5)/255));                 // write the value to the EEPROM address

}

Sure looks to me like the code writes to EEPROM address 50 every time through the loop(). I think that only address 50 would be used up though.

so does every addres has read/write life cycle or the entire eeprom no matter which address you use?

I think that it is per address. If you write to any particular address over the 100,000 times only that address is affected, not the whole EEPROM. I have seen mention of "wear leveling" where the same address is not used each write but the data is written to different addresses each time so that no one address is used up.

Why would you write to EEPROM every pass through loop()? It does not make sense to store the value of a potentiometer setting when you can just read it again.

If there is some unstated reason for storing the value, you should do that only if the value changes AND there is some trigger (a switch is pressed, for instance) to cause the save to happen.l