elctric water valve control

Hi,

for a electric water valve control (24vdc On/Off), I need a latching type relay setup controlled by arduino
the inbuilt valve control has 2 limit switches to cut of once they reached open or close positions.
any help is much appreciated.

Post a data sheet for the valve. Your assumption that we know all about the valve that you have is flawed.

Read the how to use this forum-please read sticky for some advice on what we need to know to help you.

achalaamarasinghe:
Hi,

for a electric water valve control (24vdc On/Off), I need a latching type relay setup controlled by arduino
the inbuilt valve control has 2 limit switches to cut of once they reached open or close positions.
any help is much appreciated.

valve actuators are typically either power to open, then power to close
or they are power to open, spring close. power needed to hold in position
or they have a linear movement proportional to the signal

assuming that the valve takes 24VDC,
you can feed it 24VDC on 1 wire and ground the other wire
if the valve has 3 wires, it might be 24v on one wire to open
24v on a different wire to close
the other wire is common,
of course it might be that +24v on one and ground on the second (of 2) opens
ground on the first and +24v on the second to close.

if the internal end switches are accessible
you could use a common relay to open, once the end switch is closed, you remove the signal

alas, this all depends on the valve motor.

Hi,
thanks for the reply ! forget about the valve side. are there any double pole latching type relays that can be controlled by arduino? from there i can work things out for my project.

thanks in advance

“I need a latching type relay setup controlled by arduino“

Is the relay a ‘latching relay’ with the mechanical latching mechanism built within.
OR
You want the Arduino to turn a DPDT ‘non latching’ relay into effectively a latching relay?

Hi. Go and check my Instructable at:

I guess that would be a smooth solution to your problem.
I have u bunch of these PCB's left ower, (you see, I needed only 2, but the manuf. delieveres them in a bunch of 10pcs).

My e-mail is: kimmo.selin@pp.inet.fi and web is: www.teksel.net
Please post me on this forum if you got help on this agenda?

achalaamarasinghe:
.are there any double pole latching type relays that can be controlled by arduino?

yes

yes i need a mechanical duble pole latching relay (state change with a pulse)

We need your relay requirement, but here is a 5v version:

Thanks ! i may have found one too

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/COM05061P-Grove-2-Coil-Latching-Relay-module/32532021916.html?spm=a2g0o.cart.99999999.265.737b3c001x9zSa