elechouse.com spam

I have received two emails in the last 24 hours from different email addresses at “elechouse.com”,

Dear Friends:

Thanks for your time to read this mail. We feel very honored to invite you to our online strore, Elechouse. We offer various electronic products around Arduino ranging from capacitors to robots. And in the future more and more products will be found in our store. We believe you can find the right stuff in our store. We are always doing our best to supply the best goods at the best price, with best service.

We also supply SSS (Special Solution Service), which means, if you can’t find what you want in our store, we can design and develop products according to your needs or problems. Because we have an excellent R&D (Research and Develop) team.

We are very glad to tell you that from Feb 14th to April 14th, all the products in our store will be on sale at a price with 10% discount.

We hope you happy shopping in our store: www.elechouse.com

Click here to see our first robot:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w5UTlsL9Bwk

If this mail is unuseful to you, so sorry to bother you. If it’s useful, please keep it.

Sincerely

Wilson Shen

I don’t know if it’s a legitimate business or not, or if they are farming email addresses from the arduino.cc forums. Just wondering if anyone else has been receiving these.

Never heard of it. Sounds like spam to me though.

They also seem to have cloned the Apple.com navigation bar…

I have not had any spam through my email like that but it will be spam. Legit companies that you have never heard of would not contact you. Even if they are legit, if they are contacting you when you have not requested it then it’ll be spam.

I recently got some spam through my PM box (on a different forum but when I visited, it had gone) so spammers are getting ingenious.

Mowcius

Yeah absolutely. Really just wanted to see if it’s through this forum or not.

Cheers

Could be that a site you recently ordered from or signed up to has sold its email listings. There are still allot of crappy sites that do this. Thats why i always make sure the terms of the site prevent this and uncheck any boxes that would have them send me additional offers and things threw email.

I have also got this spam…

I use customized email addresses for every forum I join… the Elechouse spam arrived at the unique email address I used to register with this forum so he is definitely farming email addresses from here.

Members would be well advised to select the option to “Hide Email From Public” in their profiles to prevent it…

Duncan.

Members would be well advised to select the option to “Hide Email From Public” in their profiles to prevent it…

Indeed. People’s emails come up on my google reader feed every time they post a new thread (and don’t have mail hidden) so it can’t be difficult for a spammer to pull that info and spam it.

Mowcius

Cheers. I usually have my email hidden on forums but looks like I didn’t on this one.

Their Arduinp Duemilanove looks like a cheap copy. It doesn’t even have the Made in Italy graphics on the back or the ITA badge on the front.

Spammers or not, their skating robot is hella cool (look at 1m 50secs into the video):

Andrew

All duemilanove boards with red reset buttons are fake. None of the official ones have red buttons…

Mowcius

All duemilanove boards with red reset buttons are fake. None of the official ones have red buttons…

Only ‘official boards’ should have the words “Arduino” printed on them or the Arduino website address or say “made in Italy”. All others are not living up to the open source rules and I won’t deal with them.

There are many other suppliers that do make compatible or even clone versions of Arduino boards that do obey the open source / trademark rules and I have bought from them and support 3rd party companies that give back to the Arduino community instead of just blatantly misleading end users.

Lefty