Electric Bike with Arduino UNO (48v-64v)

Hi, just bought a Arduino for my project to make a electric motorcycle, I really starting this and I would like to know your opinion.

48v or what?
I see that most of the conversions used 48v DC motors with good results in terms of speed and consumption. But I can use something bigger with my arduino? How about 96v? ]:smiley:

And the second question is, how?
I have seen many forms on the internet but never with Arduino and need an idea of where to start? What else will I use?

If someone made ??a similar project or know about it I would like to know your EXPERIENCES.
And of course, any help is welcome. :slight_smile:

Thanks to all and sorry for my English :~

Diego H

Thanks Runaway Pancake, this conversion is interesting. :wink:

It was something to do.
Never did anything like that before.

I am in the process of finishing the power stage of the a 300 amp 72v controller for my electric motor cycle. I am using a E-Tek Pancake motor. I'm going to run it at 48v. But if you are looking for a sport bike feel you may want to run 72v or higher. As soon as I get settled in at are new house, as we justed moved, I will post pictures of my progress on the power stage.

Azhillman: Good luck with the new house and my best wishes for your project. But, what is the maximum speed you expect with this configuration?
I cant wait to see it. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Pd: You guessed, I am looking for a sportbike. ]:smiley:

Thanks

I was thinking, I can use 20 Lithium Ion batterys with 2900mAh 3.7v for a total of 74Volts? They 58ah, very low? Is an attempt to cut costs.
Thanks and sorry, for my very bad English. :roll_eyes:

azhillman:
I am in the process of finishing the power stage of the a 300 amp 72v controller for my electric motor cycle. I am using a E-Tek Pancake motor. I'm going to run it at 48v. But if you are looking for a sport bike feel you may want to run 72v or higher. As soon as I get settled in at are new house, as we justed moved, I will post pictures of my progress on the power stage.

20 cells in series at 2.9 Ah each, gives a 2.9 Ah battery,
you up the voltage in series,

so you will have 2000 watt or so of battery power available.

74V * 3A = 222W
(However briefly.)

drjiohnsmith:
20 cells in series at 2.9 Ah each, gives a 2.9 Ah battery,
you up the voltage in series,

so you will have 2000 watt or so of battery power available.

I think you mean 200 watt-hours (0.2kWh).

oops,

your right ,

I need more coffee !!

60 mph max speed due to gearing. I will use this as a city commuter, to get back and forth to the University. My daily trip is only 6 miles.

Thank you very much to all, I will proves this configuration but, feel that will be little. What you think?