electric skateboard 2.4ghz remote

So this is my idea and I want someone to correct me if I am wrong that’s the aim of this as I am new and stupid so please forgive me if i say something that is utter s**t. My idea is to use 2 Arduino mini’s connected to 2 NRF24L01 boards. The inputs on the tx (transmitter) will come from an already placed joystick in a wii nunchuck. I will only have one input I only need forward and reverse, also in the Wii nunchuck i will place 1 18650 cell and hopefully a charging circuit. the receiver will be connected to an ESC testing unit from Hobbyking. By removing the pot and somehow replacing it with the Arduino this is the bit i am unsure about, will that work because I seem to think a pot is a variable resistor, how can i replicate that with an Arduino? Thank you to anyone in advance.

I tried reading that post. There is NO punctuation, so I got completely lost in that stream of consciousness rambling.

Try again with some punctuation and capitalization.

The ESC is controlled like a servo, so treat it like one, and it will work.

The "pot" you are thinking about is probably your servo-tester, where a small circuit reads the position of the pot and generates the servo-signal which the ESC receives.

// Per.

I understand that bit bud thanks for the reply but i was wondering if i can replicate the action of a pot in Arduino software

cobisby: I understand that bit bud thanks for the reply but i was wondering if i can replicate the action of a pot in Arduino software

You could use an Arduino to control a digital potentiometer that could be inserted in place of the existing pot.

Or, if the pot produces digital values you could generate equivalent values with an Arduino.

I think you need to explain more clearly what you would like to do. A circuit diagram or links to relevant datasheets would help.

...R

I am planning on gutting a Wii nunchuck and putting an Arduino mini in place with the transceiver and a 18650 battery, if it all fits. On the nunchuck i will place a joystick and use only 1 axis. That will send a signal to the receiver that will then control another Arduino mini wit in turn will controll this http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-Multi-Servo-Tester-3CH-ECS-Checker-Speed-Controller-Power-Channels-Bule/252060633609?_trksid=p2141725.c100338.m3726&_trkparms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DSIC.MBE%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D20150313114020%26meid%3D8cb9926d4b654faca2e4e24b1336f561%26pid%3D100338%26rk%3D2%26rkt%3D16%26sd%3D111528814962

hopefully if that helped you cant find a picture of the board for the servo tester and i dont have it yet so i dont know if its digital or not but i presume by the modes switch that it is and it uses pwn possibly but i real dont have a clue what im talking about so excuse that.

the idea being to make a small handheld remote rather than a large rc car remote like most people.

cobisby:
I am planning on gutting a Wii nunchuck and putting an Arduino mini in place with the transceiver and a 18650 battery, if it all fits. On the nunchuck i will place a joystick and use only 1 axis. That will send a signal to the receiver that will then control another Arduino mini wit in turn will controll this
hopefully if that helped you cant find a picture of the board for the servo tester and i dont have it yet so i dont know if its digital or not but i presume by the modes switch that it is and it uses pwn possibly but i real dont have a clue what im talking about so excuse that.

What i told you to do, is do away completely with the servo-tester and generate the servo-signal directly from the Arduino :slight_smile:

connection

Using the Arduino to “manipulate” the tester would be beyond silly.

// Per.

Zapro:
What i told you to do, is do away completely with the servo-tester and generate the servo-signal directly from the Arduino :slight_smile:

Agreed.

…R