Electrical Harmonics Experimentation

imamushroom:
However, how would I get the signal out of my computer to the anodes and cathodes of the electrolysis process.

First you need to know what voltage and current levels are required by the electrolysis system. I can't help you there. But presumably amplification of some sort will be involved.

So if you you know what frequencies you need to add harmonics to and what the eventual power levels you need are then you're almost there.

The thing that's still confusing me is that the electrolysis processes that I've heard of all use DC (direct current). You can't add harmonics to to DC. It doesn't have a frequency for there to be any harmonics of. But presumably you're thinking of some other sort of electrolysis.

Steve

Smells like HHO gas pseudoscience, to put it politely.

jremington:
Smells like HHO gas pseudoscience, to put it politely.

I am glad you posted that. Having grown up in a second generation perpetual motion household, this kind of feels the same.

Paul

Speaking of perpetual motion, one of funniest debunking videos on free electricity is this 12 minute wonder by Electroboom: Free Energy Devices Build and Science - YouTube

Edit: emphasis added

I could only watch a few moments of the video. Guess the guy failed the elementary physic course. Electricity is generated by converting the energy of Movement to electricity not the stationary magnetic field. OR the energy used to change the magnetic field. Nothing in this life is free.

Paul

Sorry you gave up! You missed some excellent satire.

As Electroboom cautions, you MUST watch it all the way to the end, where he reveals all the tricks.

Guess the guy failed the elementary physic course.

On the contrary, he is a talented EE and quite a remarkable educator. Please don’t judge a book by its cover.

Alright, I took great effort and courage to do it, but I did watch clear to the end. He can only do that because he is a non-native English speaker. Anyone else could not keep a straight face!!

Thanks, Paul

jremington:
Are you a fan of crystal healing, or one of the anti-vaxxers?

No, they are idiots. You are confusing questioning science, which is healthy, with sticking 2 fingers up to it, which makes you an idiot.

With apologies to the OP for going off the subject at hand.

slipstick:
But the trick to questioning accepted science in a sensible and useful fashion is first to learn what the accepted science says and why. Then you're in a position to question it.

Now there's an unaswerable thing; if you know what accepted science says then you might get taken along with some big mistake that everyone else has missed and not make a breakthrough. If you do your own experimenting without knowing too much about what others have done and how they interpreted it you might find something everyone else missed.

You also have to consider that someone who experiments with a particular aim in mind might fail in their original aim but instead discover something they were not looking for. You don't do that from relying on text books.

As this is wandering away from that the OP wants help with please continue this discussion here:
Reworking established science

This is an interesting post with lots of useful information so thank you all so far.

I'll explain my hunch which I admit may not be based on any scientific evidence. You are probably better at judging that than me. I initially didn't want to share this information but may it's time to be open about it.

As someone mentioned above, traditional electrolysis is based on DC current, yes and therefore no harmonic products can be used. But from the little physics I know everything in the Universe is resonating in some form or other and the laws of wave dynamics is pretty well understood, or a least we believe they are. Therefore, I wonder whether an electrolysis process could exist using an AC current but not just in the traditional sense. An AC current using harmonics products. The theory is that if you tune the principal signal and the harmonic products to resonate at the frequencies of the individual hydrogen and oxygen atoms, their natural vibration will be amplified which could possibly lead to them to fracturing into their individual parts and hopefully using far less energy than existing electrolysis processes as you are using their own natural resonance to destroy the bonds between them.

I've seen this technique being used to kill cancer cells with a high degree of success.

However, I admit it's a longshot but it interested me as a little side project.

I would appreciate your views and polite comments.

I can't claim any special expertise in this area, but my understanding is that the lowest bond resonant frequencies of water molecules are in the infrared frequency spectrum. I can claim sufficient expertise in signal processing and electronics to say Audacity isn't going to cut it in this application.

The bigger point is that a useful requirements statement would include the range of frequencies that are relevant to the specific application.

hopefully using far less energy than existing electrolysis processes

No. This is all very well understood, and covered in an introductory chemistry course.

The bonds in a water molecule have definite energy that must be supplied to break. There is also additional energy needed to move the atoms apart before they bond together again which can't be recovered when the H2 and O are allowed to bond again.

The idea of high frequency AC somehow changing that is not new and so far no experiment backs it up and there is no theory behind the idea that doesn't read like post-modern BS, pushing out to generalizations so wide they lose meaning and then trying to take that crap back to specifics with no QED at any point. The point of which is to get money from suckers by selling "plans".

If you intend to do something real then maybe look up those constants (if you can trust established facts) on the resonant frequencies of H, O and water to see what you need.

There is a frequency, specifically 22.235 GHz, at which water is resonant. This means that if water receives radiation at this frequency, the radiation constructively interferes with the water molecule's vibrations, and it makes the molecule vibrate faster.

You're not going get that out of any Arduino. That's microwave frequency and what it does is get water hotter, not break it up.

But hey, show how 1 + 1 = 3..... errr, simple use binary! 0b11 is decimal 3! Ha! Proved it~!
And you have to do a better job than that.

There is a frequency, specifically 22.235 GHz, at which water is resonant. This means that if water receives radiation at this frequency, the radiation constructively interferes with the water molecule's vibrations, and it makes the molecule vibrate faster.

The specific point you are missing is that applying energy at the resonant frequency does not reduce the energy needed to break the bonds in a molecule.

Yes it does minimise the energy, but never to the point that it is less than the energy you get from recombination. It just makes the whole process more efficient, but that does not exceed the 100% you need to exceed to get something for nothing.

The normal process of electrolysis is not very efficient at all which is why that sort of energy conversion is not used more than it is.

I didn't make the point that it doesn't spawn flying unicorns either, i thought that "what it does is get water hotter, not break it up" was enough.

GoForSmoke:
I didn't make the point that it doesn't spawn flying unicorns either

Sorry, but you are being ridiculous, this is a well known method of spawning flying unicorns.

Also

This means that if water receives radiation at this frequency, the radiation constructively interferes with the water molecule

How do you propose to get the phase of your excitation in phase with that of molecules that could be in any orientation?

In short you can’t because if two molecule are rotated 180 degrees from each other one will get constructive interference and others destructive interference. You have to consider this in three dimensions as well not just two.

Thanks for all the information.

I recently watched this enlightening video (The Primer Fields Part 1 International Ver. - YouTube) and it seems to me that you could break down/weaken one of the poles of the molecule then it will fracture. However, the video doesn't go into depth about what is producing the fields. Yes, they are magnetic but where are they poles coming from, the molecules themselves or an external force? If it's an external force when what? Are Quantum forces at play?

I appreciate that you all know more about the subject than I do so would appreciate your views. Is this still unicorns again?

I recently watched this enlightening video

Is it typical BS, lot of stuff you can’t argue with and then a huge leap that is nonsense. its pseudo science.

I didn’t want to spend an hours watching it all so skipped through it and watched sections.

Thanks