electromagnet help

hey guys , i am making a project in which i have to use a strong electromagnet .which has to get 'on' when the the microcontroller tells it any suggestion will be appreciated :o

Use a mosfet to switch the coil and make sure you use a reverse connected diode across the coil to suppress the back emf.

Do you have any information on the coil being used? How much current?

Give us ALL the info up front so we don't have to,drag it out a bit at a time.

Weedpharma

manansh:
HEY THERE,FIRST OF ALL THANKS FOR YOUR HELP,I WANTED TO MAKE AN ANTI THEFT SYSTEM FOR A TWO WHEELER .THE USER WOULD SEND A SMS WHICH WOULD ACTIVATE THE ELECTROMAGNET WHICH ACTS AS A BRAKE .COULD YOU PLEASE HELP ME IN THIS

Writing in capitals is very bad manors, it looks like you are shouting.

This sounds like a project doomed from the start. Electromagnets take a very lot of current so soon the battery will drain or the thief simply cuts the wires.

This project has the possibility of being VERY dangerous. When you send the SMS you do not where the vehicle is and in what circumstances it is.

Weedpharma

THE USER WOULD SEND A SMS WHICH WOULD ACTIVATE THE ELECTROMAGNET WHICH ACTS AS A BRAKE .COULD YOU PLEASE HELP ME IN THIS

That would be considered deliberatly rendering a vehicle unsafe. If the brake is applied when the user parks
the vehicle that would be different than a system that enables the user to choose the moment to engage the brake (which would be essentially sabotaging one own vehicle). The fact that it is a two wheeler probably makes this dangerous, although engaging the break on car at the wrong moment could be unsafe as well) What you are asking is 'how do you sabotage a vehicle such that you can engage the brake via SMS ? We don't know that it is your vehicle. To tell you how to do that would be irresponsible. A security system that locks the brake on when you turn on when you activate the system locally is a totally different matter. The problem arises with the SMS activation.