else if problem

i have a project that will open/close blinds based on the amount of light coming through a window. the ide keeps returning a ‘else’ without a previous ‘if’ error. here’s the code:

///// the purpose of this program is to open shades when its sunny out and close them when its not.  there will be a 5 minute delay between photocell 
///// readings. if the initial read and the delay read are the same, the shades will respectively be opened/closed.

int sensorPin0 = A0;    // select the input pin for the primary photocell
int sensorPin1 = A1;    // select the input pin for the secondary photocell
int openPin = 12;       // select the pin for relay(open)
int closePin = 11;      // select the pin for relay(close) 
int sensorValue0 = 0;   // variable to store the value coming from the primary photocell
int sensorValue1 = 0;   // variable to store the value coming from the secondary photocell
int sensorValue2 = 0;   // variable to compare the value coming from the primary photocell
int sensorValue3 = 0;   // variable to compare the value coming from the secondary photocell
int openPoint = 400;    // variable for the point at which the shades will open
int closePoint = 900;   // variable for the point at which the shades will close

void setup() {

pinMode(openPin, OUTPUT);
pinMode(closePin, OUTPUT);

}

void loop() {

sensorValue0 = analogRead(sensorPin0); // read primary photocells and assign value to sensorValue0:
   sensorValue1 = analogRead(sensorPin1); // read secondary photocells and assign value to sensorValue1:
   delay(5000);                           // wait for 5 minutes:
   sensorValue2 = analogRead(sensorPin0); // read primary photocells and assign value to sensorValue2:
   sensorValue3 = analogRead(sensorPin1); // read secondary photocells and assign value to sensorValue3:

// close sequence
   else if ((sensorValue0 / sensorValue1) > 1.1 && 
       (sensorValue2 / sensorValue3) > 1.1 && 
       (sensorValue0 > closePoint) && 
       (sensorValue2 > closePoint));
       {
        digitalWrite(closePin, LOW); 
       }
       else
       {
        digitalWrite(closePin, HIGH);
       }
   delay(500);
   digitalWrite(closePin, HIGH);

// open sequence
   if ((0.9 < (sensorValue0 / sensorValue1) < 1.1) && 
       (0.9 < (sensorValue2 / sensorValue3) < 1.1) && 
       (sensorValue0 < openPoint) && 
       (sensorValue2 < openPoint));
       {
        digitalWrite(openPin, LOW); 
       }
       else
       {
        digitalWrite(openPin, HIGH);
       }
   delay(500);
   digitalWrite(openPin, HIGH);

}

the controller i am using uses an inverted control signal for some reason so turn on=low, turn off=high. i would appreciate any help your folks can offer. thanks in advance.

change else if to if under "//close sequence"

The very first if statement can't be an else if.

thanks for the quick reply. i just changed that and its still returning the else under the open sequence as the same error

We can't see your code.

You have an extra semicolon in that if statement.

thanks. that fixed it! now i hope the code works.