Email using Ethernet Shield?

What are you typing into telnet? My session works just fine.

If you can get this far into the process, then everything should work out. What are you seeing?

robglinka@Azrael:~$ telnet 98.136.86.109 587
Trying 98.136.86.109...
Connected to 98.136.86.109.
Escape character is '^]'.
220 smtp106-mob.biz.mail.ac4.yahoo.com ESMTP
auth plain AHJvYmdsFAKEHASHINFORMATIONmdsaW5rYQ==
235 OK, go ahead

Got it working.

I'm not sure...but I think I was trying too soon after creating my acount? I just waited a few days and tried back and it worked. thanks!

Dear Rob Glinka

My first post here.

I am working on a project where I need the arduino to send an email.

I have tried the telnet and get the following

brian@brian-laptop:~$ telnet 98.136.86.109 587 Trying 98.136.86.109... Connected to 98.136.86.109. Escape character is '^]'. 220 smtp113-mob.biz.mail.ac4.yahoo.com ESMTP auth plain AGJyaWF***************9tAHN1dGgjNTg2Nw== 530 Access denied Connection closed by foreign host.

I have an account at m.yahoo.com (derived from my usual yahoo account) and this is the one encoded into base 64

I notice that the IP of my account is not the same as your example. Can you help please!!!

Total Newb to PERL etc here by the way!

Well.... yahoo JUST recently (as in the last few weeks) changed their accounts so you can't log into the mobile accounts except from a mobile phone.

So over the past few weeks, I've been poking around and found that if you change your account home to Yahoo Asia, you can use their standard SMTP service. (smtp.mail.yahoo.com)

Might want to give that a try. If you google for SMTP and Yahoo Asia, you should be able to find a step by step on how to change your account over.

Otherwise, if anyone has any ideas on how to use TLS encryption, we can switch over to google mail and not have to use a kludge like this.

Rob,

Thanks for the really quick reply.

Will research your suggestions.

What about setting up a mail server at home?

what about the Apache James projet?

Has anyone used it? if so is it easy to configure...I hear Apache is fairly easy.