Embedded system failing

Hello, i am a Baja SAE associated participant and i use arduino as ECU's on my system, it works flawlessly, before a i put the car on move, it works as well with the engine ON, so i think it's the vibration provided by the ride, on the modules that make put the boards reset or something, i use a LoRa module to receive data on my station, but it stops transmiting after the car bump a little, someone can bet on anything to help me?

Are you using a breadboard or is your unit soldered?

How about a schematic and a picture or two of your setup.

What on earth is Your system measuring, what info is it supposed to provide?

Sounds like a classic loose wire or connection, or could be a broken wire that flexes and breaks the connection. Any wire that flexes should probably be stranded and have strain reliefs on it base on my past experience.

Idahowalker:
Are you using a breadboard or is your unit soldered?

How about a schematic and a picture or two of your setup.

I'm using a matrix board, as home made shield, with bornes to plug wires, just some resistors to voltade division as analog devices...

Railroader:
What on earth is Your system measuring, what info is it supposed to provide?

variables as velocity, engine RPM, gear attached, suspension and steer course.. basicaly potencionmeters and HAll transducers...

saildude:
Sounds like a classic loose wire or connection, or could be a broken wire that flexes and breaks the connection. Any wire that flexes should probably be stranded and have strain reliefs on it base on my past experience.

i thought so, something bout cold joints on sold to.. but couldn't debug it yet.. so i started to think about the vibrations and if it could end in malfunction of the boards

Ok. Your description lacks allmost all details. Nevertheless…. You monitour and display several different sensors. Which functions works well and which ones are troubeling?
Is there any common component for those troubeling functions?

Railroader:
Ok. Your description lacks allmost all details. Nevertheless…. You monitour and display several different sensors. Which functions works well and which ones are troubeling?
Is there any common component for those troubeling functions?

everything on the system works.. the trouble is when the car gets on move, the LoRa transmission stops, if i switch the battery off/on again, it gets ok, and stops when the car moves again..

i opened the box with the controller, while it's working, and make some vibrations no the car chassis, and the LoRa transmiter led stoped, the arduino don't seems to get down, so dunno whats the problem exactly

So the LoRa transmission makes trouble when You start driving. You reset it by pwr down/ up….
Hmmm… LoRa stops as soon as You move. I know to little about Lora to specifically point something out. I say, check the code! What is the difference between standig still and moving? Something in the code when moving ought to be checked.

Vibrations to chassis causes the same trouble as driving….. My abcent knowledge about LoRa…. Anyway, moving forwards/backwards, up/down, or sideways is maybe interpreted in the same way by LoRa?

What do You think?

Railroader:
So the LoRa transmission makes trouble when You start driving. You reset it by pwr down/ up….
Hmmm… LoRa stops as soon as You move. I know to little about Lora to specifically point something out. I say, check the code! What is the difference between standig still and moving? Something in the code when moving ought to be checked.

Vibrations to chassis causes the same trouble as driving….. My abcent knowledge about LoRa…. Anyway, moving forwards/backwards, up/down, or sideways is maybe interpreted in the same way by LoRa?

What do You think?

there's no active control on my code, it's all about reading sensors and transmitting the values to the station... i don't know, maybe some loose solds or wires as the guy above said, even if i don't found it yet, i'll try again tomorrow and update if get to something

Ok. I once built a single card computer for my car and it ran for 10 years with only 2 faults. One hazardeously soldered wire wrap cable came loose, ounce, and during intensive sunshine I had to lift of the top of the box.

I think You are right, a soldering, a contact point, is poor. Try this: Start up the system, without moving the car, without chaking it, and touch each thinkable cable one by one at a slow rate and look for the faulty condition.

Hi,
Welcome to the forum.

Please read the first post in any forum entitled how to use this forum.
http://forum.arduino.cc/index.php/topic,148850.0.html .
Then look down to item #7 about how to post your code.
It will be formatted in a scrolling window that makes it easier to read.

Can you please post a copy of your circuit, in CAD or a picture of a hand drawn circuit in jpg, png?
Can you please post a picture of your project, so we can see your component layout?

Thanks... Tom... :slight_smile: